Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red2112

Wargames

37 posts in this topic

No VR yet, but I do play Star Trek: Starfleet Command Orion Pirates (a port over of the board game Star Fleet Battles -1979-) :D

Been watching this lately, Space Shuttle Mission 2007, It´s not as hardcore as "Orbiter 2016", although it can be in a way as it has different play mode´s.  They are working on a version 2, not the best textures but this also supports VR...

SSM-2007:

http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/index.html

It´s real cool...

"Black or White"?  Well, I used to drink that when I was younger, and yeah some nights were either black, white or gray! I then discoverd "Jameson", then everything was green! :D

Black and White

Now I only do these things on Christmas...

--

Edited by Red2112

Yea I played all of the SFC stuff too, 1, 2, OP and the one I hated, 3. When I started playing with SFC1 it was 2000. I even have an original copy of starfleet battles as well, picked that up in the early 80’s. I’m just astonished at the immersion of Bridge Crew though. You can look everywhere and see the entire bridge. Look down, up, a full 360 through 360. And your using VR hands to interface with the environment. I just got hammered at the Kobayashi Maru scenario in the campaign. I’ve pre-ordered Doom for New Years eve so that should be a laugh with everyone 

Been a while as I had a minor issue with PoA2 that has been fixed.  Scott has just sent me a fix and Iam happily able to say that PoA2 works just fine now :)

PoA2_SCN02.thumb.jpg.e5b140e10f8d296b1c343a115473d6a1.jpg

Good news for us air-warfare fans...

- "Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich" by Gary Grigsby has just received a beta update!!!  This is a old but very well regarded "Air-Tactical" bombing wargame (also know as 12 O´clock High: Bombing the Reich)...

Matrix Games shop:

Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

Performance and other issues have been fixed!

Forum and update:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4354679

Lately I have been playing the even older version of this game "Battle of Britain" v1.02 which I got to work in Windows 10, so this is very good news for me! B|

This is some earlier (before patch) gameplay and with the map mod...

I use VR for Bridge Command, DCS, Assetto Corsa, ETS2/ATS and Elite Dangerous. Quite immersive indeed.

Also, I love Space Shuttle Mission. Think I did almost every mission just in time they dropped the whole (real) program.

My showcase of Gary Grigsby´s Battle of Britain, the prelude to what is Bombing the Reich/12 O´clock High. Showing it can be played on Windows 10, see link in discription...