Red2112

Wargames

3 hours ago, Los said:

UO Comes with a Solo mission that includes Phantom Fury and a deck of cards for it.

Los

Yes I know, just thought you might have played (or playing) the other scenarios.

For all you unfamiliar to this classic...

The rules for the ASLSK (Advance Squad Leader Starter Kit) series, are quite reduced  compared to the standard ASL rules... "FYI".

Glad you like them @Nike-Ajax .  Wish I had them all and time for them!

IDJester tell´s us about JTS (John Tiller Software) new updates and talks about the new "Panzer Battles" series (I have both)...

Calandale goes through the "Mighty Endeavor" campaign, a SCS series game by MMP...

Red

Edited by Red2112

55 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

WOW .... how do you find anyone even remotely at your level, to play all the tabletop strategy games with ?

In most cases (myself), wargamers play against themselfs!  We are a special kind of breed!  You split your mind in two, and try not to make a mess of the kitchen floor! :D

See Calandale´s video above (The Mighty Endeavor), he´s playing by himslf (nasty boy), at his cottage in the woods.

Some folks go to a gaming club where other people have the same hobby, some play by e-mail (PBEM) with the Vassal module (free), if it´s in a PC format, then you most likely play against the AI, or PBEM or Multiplayer, and lastly, some are only for solo play, or you can buy the solo expansion for that game.

Most of the time´s you teach someone, or someone teaches you how to play, because there´s alot of games out there and not everybody plays the same game.  If you want to jump into this, just let me know and will do something.  Now is the right time (sales) to pick up PC wargames.

Playing Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear PC version.  Using the built in dice camera feature, I think all PC wargames should have this feature!  Personally I like the WEGO system best for PC wargames.

CoH Matrix Games:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/424/details/Conflict.of.Heroes:.Awakening.the.Bear!

Also available on Steam, but if you buy from Matrix, you also get a free Steam key, not same the other way around!

BTW: It´s on sale at Matrix Games till next month!

Enjoy your holidays if so!

Red

On 31.12.2017 at 11:02 PM, Red2112 said:

Happy wargaming 2018!

IMG_20171231_214953257.thumb.jpg.2a1a271af2c1604074971b26e0162b12.jpg

Thx, it`s time to bring my Axis & Allies buddies back to war.

cheers

D u k e

Blast from the past...

Lucky enough to have found this copy :)

Red

Edited by Red2112

I had a copy of that once upon a time, the first tactical board-game i had. I dont have the game anymore, but i do have this nice framed picture of the box-art :)

panzerblitz.thumb.jpg.e2753af4a5bace31233bdfa20e45c9da.jpg

1 hour ago, Red2112 said:

Nice!  I need a mug, so I can wake up to the PanzerBlitz every day!

Go to Cafe Press and make your own, it's easy.