War and Peace Revival

Crusty

How the föck can that Sherman drive .... ???

And I wonder if my parking license would cover a Leo 1 ... ? On the other hand it doesnt have a licenseplate .... AND no window viper arm so the parkingmonsters wouldnt know what to do with it ...

Just DO it ... ?

Edited by Nike-Ajax

P1020086.JPG

M3 Grant tank T24193 belongs to Carl Brown and was recovered from Pirbright. It was the first Grant received by Britain and was used extensively for trials both during and after the war - from 1942 onwards as an ammunition target to secretly test captured German ammunition and allow the Allied forces to improve armoured protection on their vehicles. The majority of the damage was caused by Panzerfaust and Panzershreck weapons captured at the end of the war.

Its last duty was for the testing of armoured ammo bins and was stripped of paint for that trial so as not to obscure the observation of the hits with burning paint.

Amazingly it still runs, and has been affectionately compared to a piece of Swiss cheese! :-)

MD

On 10.8.2017 at 5:49 PM, Ssnake said:

Drive it in. If necessary, the garage will expand as needed.

Nah, with all that Diesel-Gate nonsense & the discussion about Diesel here in Germany I`ll better keep myself off.

Waking the neighbours at 5AM in the mornings, when firing up that engine, is another thing... B|

31 minutes ago, Canadus said:

Nah, with all that Diesel-Gate nonsense & the discussion about Diesel here in Germany I`ll better keep myself off.

Waking the neighbours at 5AM in the mornings, when firing up that engine, is another thing... B|

who cares what the PC treehuggers think, feel and mean...

Its mind over matter:

I dont mind because they don't matter. :D

Diesel won't die in the next 30 years at least. No matter what Die Grune and Frau Merkel think, feel and mean.

And as for the neighbors:

You are in a tank, what are they going to do? xD

It's the price of the diesel, new asphalt where I drive it regularly and spare parts that scares me off.

also the government would probably demand that I put the main gun and coax in a locked guncabinet...