Help, App Stopped Working

Jammer Six

My Steel Beasts app is the only app on my computer. I'm a Mac guy, and I have this laptop just for Steel Beasts.

Suddenly, after playing a couple dozen games, my computer says "This app can't run on this PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the publisher."

I've sent an email to eSimgames, and haven't heard anything.

I suspect its another process / application on the machine.

Depending on the version of Windows you are running you should be able to access the "Task Manager" (a bit like the "Activity Monitor" on your Mac) by pressing the Control, Alt and Delete keys together (Ctrl + Alt + Delete) and select it from the resulting menu.

That will tell you which applications are running on the Laptop.

• Members

Knowing which Windows version you're running would also help. If Windows 10, are you on the "fast ring" for Windows updates, or the "slow ring" (slow is better). "Fast ring" updates are often sketchy. Apparently MS has decided that customers are the best beta testers. While I can understand that to a degree, for productive use I cannot recommend this.

39 minutes ago, Jammer Six said:

Is there anything I can do so it doesn't happen again, or so it doesn't happen to others?

Well that sort of relies on knowing what you did to "break" it in the first place. ;)

Perhaps it might be prudent to keep the installer files out of the bin for the time being - at least saving the time spent re-downloading?