Scale of issue and role of CG 84mm RR in BW

ChrisWerb

Hi, I read back in the mid 80s in David Isby's Armies of NATO's Central front that the Carl Gustaf 84mm was only issued for firing illuminating rounds by the Bundeswehr (although mountain troops may have used a wider range of ammunition). On another forum a poster informed me this is still the case, although a new launcher has just been adopted that will probably displace it in this role. Do I take it that the M2 was issued one per platoon, for illumination only, for its entire career in the BW, or was it relegated to this role after the Pzf-44 became the section/squad AT weapon?  Also did  Germany ever adopt a disposible AT launcher (other than for SF) in the post war period?

The CG was phases out as "heavy" AT-weapon before I joined. It was replaced by the PzFst 3. Before that their was one CG per platoon, while the other squads had lePzFst-44 (so in a 4 squad plt, 1x CG, 3x-lePzFst-44)

The PzFst-3 is in fact a disposable AT-lauchner, you only keep the Optics and the Trigger mechanism, the rest you throw away.