What is the "O" in OPMV?

MAJ_Fubar

Not observation that's called AO or MO which means Artillery observer and Mortar observer respectively OPMV is where the BTN operations officer sits or the BDEs ditto , Normally there will be an OO or operations officer and an EO which is Intel.

Its the guys moving the BTN/BDE around according to the COs plan or alternatively makes the next plan. In DK its also those who is the net control station for the Command net

Best regards

MD

5 hours ago, MAJ_Fubar said:

That's what I went with for the wiki.  If it's wrong, hopefully someone will correct it.

Its correct but the danish army dont use the m577 we have a 1kw Honda gen on the roof so we can use the pcs and the radios without running the main engine and its in a soundproof box.

The funny thing is that the arty used the same config for fire direction vehicle/Command post with SPG batterys and our M109A3s also had a Honda gen up top behind the turret but that one wassent soundproof , i have always found it hilarious when officers told us to maintain light and sound disciplin in a battery position cause as soon as we used the turret the hydraulic pump at 1400 psi made a very distinct noise and it couldn't run for long without the honda. So 2 very loud sounds that would tell anybody  a mile away.

It was like turning on a neon sign that said we are here come get us.9_9

MD

Just had the first Ex with the M577 replacements we've got. I can say: srew M577, it's the s*ck!!

Boxer is great! No more traveling in unprotected vehicles behind the M577 as there is more room.  No more of the grid for more then an hour because you couldn't keep all the nets when moving the HQ.

No more beeing without air-condition and heating.

And hell, its a smooth ride...you reach your destination very relaxed :D...then you only need to pull out the tents between vehicles, connect a few patch cables, rise antennas on a button push. I love it.

I can recommend to by some, and turn any M113 based vehicle into tooth-picks