Infantry region scoring

Bond_Villian

Im looking for a way to make infantry more relevant/important for region scoring. Ive attached a screenshot to show what im trying at the moment. My question is; will this method still use the standard region scoring criteria (3 to 1 ratio required for change of ownership, with AFV's being 'worth' 25 troops) as well as the condition i have put on it, or will the region score be determined purely by the specified 'Apply If' condition?

Any feedback and or other known methods would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

SS_14_38_59.jpg

Edited by Bond_Villian

• Members

Any sub score will enter the scoring formula only if the condition is fulfilled - in this case, the (numerical) comparison of infantry strength. The determination of ownership however will be based on the rules specified in the user manual. So, you can make sure that the score will be calculated only if Blue has more infantry in the objective than Red, but the outcome of the score will also be based on the number of combat vehicles present.

(From that perspective it would be rational for Blue not to send any infantry into the objective because then the sub score won't be activated in the first place (so it can't have a negative outcome to ruin the total score.)

• Moderators

Your question is complicated to answer via forum post, I can help discuss it with you after TGIF if you remind me.

The problem is that the Apply If and the region scoring method are two different things, and I would have to have you explain how you have the latter setup before I can help give you an intelligent/helpful answer.

But basically...

1. Apply If is really used best when you want to great two or more sets of scoring possibilities. Like, if Blue did not do something, then you grade them by a separate set of standards. If Blue destroys the other side entirely, then you want to give them a full 1000 points for example, then the Apply If on the 1000 points score would reference the event that triggered when the other side was destroyed (usually the same even that ended the scenario), while the other scoring items for objects would not apply, because, for example, they Apply If only when Blue does not totally destroy the other side. If you don't separate the scoring like this with Apply Ifs, then you will end up with some strange scaled score possibilities.

(In your example though, the region score (3:1) and Apply If would both happen, separately. The region score would always happen, 3:1 determination, then the Apply If would simply decide whether or not to award those points in the first place).

2. That said, you can have scoring work where you just give points away, then have an Apply If that determines when those points are given away. But this is probably not a good way to do it, since using events and conditions would work better.

3. If you are trying to do what I did in that scenario two TGIFs ago where a soldier counts as 1, while an AFV also counts as 1, then you would do this via a condition. Both sides have the same condition, one for each region (objective) and it compares who has the most "forces" between friendly and enemy.

Lots of different scoring methods exist though...

Thanks for the info Volcano, much appreciated. I did open that TGIF scenario you mentioned in the editor to see how you achieved the inf/afv scoring parity but i wasnt able to 'reverse engineer' (read; blatantly plagiarise ;) ) the method- it seemed to work by conditioned 'events', which im not yet familiar with.  I think the conditioned  region scoring i have setup will have the desired effect for the scenario in question, ill probably ask you a couple things after TGIF if possible.

Cheers