Late to the party!

Majick

Hello All,

I'm very late to the party with this sim, I only became aware of it and picked it up this week.  It looks incredible from my initial attempts at scenarios and from watching various videos on Youtube. 

Although I'm experienced with both sims and wargames I'm still struggling to succeed in the very first of the Camp Hornfelt scenarios (tactical movement)..

Does anyone have any tips for an old gamer, that are relevant to this specific sim rather than general fire and movement principles, which I'm familiar with even if not very good at doing it? :) 

Cheers

Edited by Majick
typo

• Members

Whils I support the notion that one should develop a good familiarity with at least one combat vehicle (family) and its fire control system (most popular are, unsurprisingly, M1 Abrams and Leopard 2), I think it's worth pointing out that most combat vehicles aren't that difficult to understand and to master if you compare them with, say, study sim level of detail for certain aircraft.

The biggest long-term challenge is to understand the capabilities of the myriad of weapon systems modelled in Steel Beasts - strengths, weaknesses, effective ranges of various munitions, ... - and how to coordinate multiple units for maximum combined effect, to get the timing right, etc.

There isn't a magical formula to that; it's like with learning a language - practice, practice, practice.

15 hours ago, Majick said:

Although I'm experienced with both sims and wargames I'm still struggling to succeed in the very first of the Camp Hornfelt scenarios (tactical movement)..

In my opinion, Tactical Movement is the hardest scenario in the entire Camp Hornfelt series. I would recommend starting with Destroy an Inferior Force and go from there. Retry Tactical Movement once you have gotten some experience under your belt.

On 04/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, Mirzayev said:

In my opinion, Tactical Movement is the hardest scenario in the entire Camp Hornfelt series. I would recommend starting with Destroy an Inferior Force and go from there. Retry Tactical Movement once you have gotten some experience under your belt.

Thanks very much Mirzayev.  I thought I was losing my edge :)

Edited by Majick
typo