Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Werewolf

Credits Music

Is there any way to replace the credits music with something else when SB shuts down. I really enjoy the pictures but after - what - 11 or 12 years that music is finally getting on my nerves. Gettin' old I guess.

Yes, it just plays the credits.wav file in the "eSim Games\SB Pro PE\music" folder. Rename or delete it, or replace with a different one (renamed credits.wav of course.)

Edited by Rotareneg

Thanks...

I'll do that...

I tried that prior to asking but replaced it with an mp3 which didn't work. Will try a wav.

I think probably "Ride of the Valkyries" would go nice with the end game pics.

Thanks for the info.

I need a longer piece as I've added quite a few extra pictures to the end credit "slide show".

Awards

Whoa!

I ended up switching the music to Braveheart's "Attack on Muron". I'm hear (pun intended) to tell you that it changes the whole experience watching the slide show. Gave me chills. Amazing ambiance. Amazing how just changing the music makes that slide show so much better.

and then when you see that, you understand how advertisers and filmmakers attempt to manipulate their audiences. it's no coincidence

45 minutes ago, Captain_Colossus said:

and then when you see that, you understand how advertisers and filmmakers attempt to manipulate their audiences. it's no coincidence

As demonstrated in this trailer for TITLE:

On 11/6/2017 at 3:31 PM, Captain_Colossus said:

Ummmmm...

Isn't that the whole point?

I'm not quite sure where he was going with that either, as it's kinda obvious that you use music with emotional content similar to the media you're working with. You probably wouldn't use a lighthearted comedy soundtrack to sell a dark and gritty horror film (unless it involves clowns and you're trying to be ironic I suppose.) It does get annoying when, as in the movie trailer spoof I posted above, everyone uses the same cliched style defined by the current standard "recipe for success," but that doesn't really apply to someone picking some music they like for the end credits of a game they play. :D

Edited by Rotareneg

but i do mean to point out how are minds are hard wired, people presuppose free will, i don't see it; even getting bored as you both allude to when something becomes cliche or you get used to it from repeated exposure seems to be a deterministic outcome. minds are rather predictable, and we've learned out to shape and manipulate those perceptions. this so happens in a way we've never really had access materials and share information to study and explain this process before until now.