Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Maj.Hans

Bug Report/Unit Templates

Create Unit > From Template > USSR > Motorized Rifle Company BTR, 1980s

4th platoon is a 2x BTR-70 platoon with ATGM teams armed with M47 Dragon...

Is this to represent a system not present in Pro PE yet, or is this a bug?

I would speculate that it is a left-over from a time when the Sagger and Spigot were not present in the game and the Dragon was used as a substitute.

Awards

Well the Dragon wasn't in the game until after the AT-3 and AT-4 were already introduced. ;)

Awards

Yeah, but we didn't have them as missile teams. The Dragon for infantry actually goes back to SB1 days, so his theory is actually pretty plausible.

Yes, that it intentional (I made the template). IIRC, its supposed to represent the AT-7 Saxhorn, which has about the same range (1km) and terrible penetration power as the Dragon.  So, that is as close as we have.

Ah OK, interesting, that's a missile I'm not familiar with off the top of my head, probably because if it hit an Abrams it seems like the crew would just laugh, and then blow the launcher and the crew away...