Small graphical glitch

Maj.Hans

On the M113A2G, I see the MG42's MG3 mount and ammo box as being pitch black, both through the daysight and the thermals.

I'm guessing I accidentally overwrote a texture file?  If nobody else is having this issue, does anyone know what file I need?

Edited by Maj.Hans

12 minutes ago, Maj.Hans said:

On the M113A2G, I see the MG42's mount and ammo box as being pitch black, both through the daysight and the thermals.

I'm guessing I accidentally overwrote a texture file?  If nobody else is having this issue, does anyone know what file I need?

There is no MG42 on any M113 in Steelbeasts.

Just now, Grenny said:

So an AR15 is the same thing as an M-16??

Although normally an AR-15 would be mechanically different from an M-16 in that it would lack a pin hole for the auto sear and it's pin, and have a different hammer, trigger, selector, disconnector, and usually bolt carrier, before the passage of the 1986 ban on registering new machine guns, it was possible to purchase an "AR-15", pay your $200, register the receiver, and drill the 3rd pinhole to make it mechanically identical to an M-16.  The only difference at that point would be the letters stamped on the side.

Now, since the MG1 was new production '42s in 7.62, and the MG2 was conversion of '42s to MG1 standard, and the MG3 is a product improved MG1......

There are plenty of reasons to give the 2 maschine guns different designations:

- different caliber

- different barrel

- different recoil enhancer

- different sight setups/system

- different spring

- different belt types.... 

nearly no parts interchangable. 

What are your reason to call it the same? 

We're a wee bit off topic here, but off the top of my head, here in the US it's common to use MG3 barrels, boosters, top covers, and feed trays and perhaps some other small parts to convert an MG42 over into a 7.62 gun.

They take different ammo and different belts but they're still, fundamentally, the same thing.  The manual of arms is the same, most of the mounts and accessories are the same, and the last time someone let me get behind an MG42 that fired 7.62 NATO I didn't really stop to ask what to call the thing, just how much he wanted for ammo so I could pull the trigger.

None of this, though, really answers my original question, which is actually about the mount rather than the gun itself...Mine show up in game pitch black, and the same when seen through the thermals/TIS...

I'm guessing that I accidentally overwrote a file with an older one somewhere???

MG.jpg