Need a hand getting up to speed

Archangel

Have finally moved back to civilization where I have a passable internet connection. Have SB uploaded, but am probably going to need a hand getting it operational, all patches installed, whatever mods, skins, scenarios, maps, TS setups, and other requirements are needed. Hoping to be back in the saddle for some online play before thanksgiving. Any volunteers to lend a hand?

I'm in CST (Kansas). Have the game running, but just the base install. No maps or scenarios, or skins (but those can wait).  Got the joystick calibrated and a quick gunnery qual done (if that still matters to the AI). Gotta see if TS is operational. I think I had it, but might need some help on that as well.

34 minutes ago, Archangel said:

I'm in CST (Kansas). Have the game running, but just the base install. No maps or scenarios, or skins (but those can wait).  Got the joystick calibrated and a quick gunnery qual done (if that still matters to the AI). Gotta see if TS is operational. I think I had it, but might need some help on that as well.

Thanks but as I don't live in Kansas, or the US, I have no idea as to what CST equates to.

I'll try to be on TS from 3hrs 20min from this post. I'll let you do the conversion.

If I see you, I see you.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=KANIUM+SUNDAY+19TH+OF+NOV+1900+UTC+"THE+ATTACK+ON+OBJECTIVE+CHARLIE"+BY+ASSASIN7&iso=20171119T19&p1=%3A&ah=3

you will be velcome if you have never played with us before get on our TS 1 hour to 45 mins before

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

Put the above in the address field of ts

cu there

Edited by Major duck

Downloaded the 5-part SB-PE 4.019 tonight. My version was 3.10 or something ancient. Problem - it wont install.....  Part 1 looks to be an .exe file. I have the rest of the files still zipped in the ownload folder.  I click on setup.exe (in the first download) and nothing happens (doesnt even know its supposed to be patching SB). Any hints?

• Members

Since I'm traveling at the moment and won't read my emails...: At least the license issue should have been cleared up by now. That the installer doesn't even throw an error message is somewhat puzzling, though. I don't know if that has been solved already?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I had to update my code stick, completely uninstall and reinstall SB, along with multiple computer upgrades, hard drive maintenance, etc... but I got it all worked through and have been able to get things running. 

Have even managed to play in 3 online matches (and am rusty as hell). 

Overall I'm enjoying the SB -Pro. I like the ammo management tasks, more detailed calls for fire, and better integration of obstacles, recovery, logistics tasks, etc...   My only complain so far is that getting tanks and vehicles across bridges or through minefield lanes pretty much requires detaching vehicles down to the individual level and driving them through a lane manually. That makes any combined arms mission with those tasks involved a case of "dropping down to the drivers hatch" of each vehicle..

Overall impressed by where SB has gone since I last played, and looking forward to more battles in the future. 

1 hour ago, Archangel said:

Overall I'm enjoying the SB -Pro. I like the ammo management tasks, more detailed calls for fire, and better integration of obstacles, recovery, logistics tasks, etc...   My only complain so far is that getting tanks and vehicles across bridges or through minefield lanes pretty much requires detaching vehicles down to the individual level and driving them through a lane manually. That makes any combined arms mission with those tasks involved a case of "dropping down to the drivers hatch" of each vehicle..

Overall impressed by where SB has gone since I last played, and looking forward to more battles in the future. 

You just need to use the right commands. There is a guide for that: