Jump to content
Archangel

Need a hand getting up to speed

Recommended Posts

Have finally moved back to civilization where I have a passable internet connection. Have SB uploaded, but am probably going to need a hand getting it operational, all patches installed, whatever mods, skins, scenarios, maps, TS setups, and other requirements are needed. Hoping to be back in the saddle for some online play before thanksgiving. Any volunteers to lend a hand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to.

 

Where do you live (time zone)?

 

I might be able to come up on Teamspeak once my flight lands say 1600L (0500Z).

 

When I get settled I'll come up on Teamspeak just in case its + or - that time.

 

Edited by Gibsonm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in CST (Kansas). Have the game running, but just the base install. No maps or scenarios, or skins (but those can wait).  Got the joystick calibrated and a quick gunnery qual done (if that still matters to the AI). Gotta see if TS is operational. I think I had it, but might need some help on that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday Multiplayer event. Check the Multiplayer forum with Kanium, see you there.   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Archangel said:

I'm in CST (Kansas). Have the game running, but just the base install. No maps or scenarios, or skins (but those can wait).  Got the joystick calibrated and a quick gunnery qual done (if that still matters to the AI). Gotta see if TS is operational. I think I had it, but might need some help on that as well.

 

Thanks but as I don't live in Kansas, or the US, I have no idea as to what CST equates to.

 

I'll try to be on TS from 3hrs 20min from this post. I'll let you do the conversion.

 

If I see you, I see you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 12Alfa said:

Sunday Multiplayer event. Check the Multiplayer forum with Kanium, see you there.   :)

Roget that. What maps, scenarios, or other files should I have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be provided on start, maps are now embedded I think, otherwise we shall provide to you, were flexible in that way.

;0  The link has the mission and map graphics, there is also a manning list for positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=KANIUM+SUNDAY+19TH+OF+NOV+1900+UTC+"THE+ATTACK+ON+OBJECTIVE+CHARLIE"+BY+ASSASIN7&iso=20171119T19&p1=%3A&ah=3

 

you will be velcome if you have never played with us before get on our TS 1 hour to 45 mins before

 

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

Put the above in the address field of ts

 

 

cu there

 

Edited by Major duck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Downloaded the 5-part SB-PE 4.019 tonight. My version was 3.10 or something ancient. Problem - it wont install.....  Part 1 looks to be an .exe file. I have the rest of the files still zipped in the ownload folder.  I click on setup.exe (in the first download) and nothing happens (doesnt even know its supposed to be patching SB). Any hints?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I upgrade my codemeter. I see the order form on esim games, but it appears they want to physically mail me a new one, not just do a flash upgrade of the one I have already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click the icon in the try and hit update, however it should update when you installed the latest version.

 Nils can add to this for a ,ore precise answer :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I'm traveling at the moment and won't read my emails...: At least the license issue should have been cleared up by now. That the installer doesn't even throw an error message is somewhat puzzling, though. I don't know if that has been solved already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...I would recommend opening a separate thread for that specific question in the support forum, though. Will probably generate more readers there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so I had to update my code stick, completely uninstall and reinstall SB, along with multiple computer upgrades, hard drive maintenance, etc... but I got it all worked through and have been able to get things running. 

 

Have even managed to play in 3 online matches (and am rusty as hell). 

 

Overall I'm enjoying the SB -Pro. I like the ammo management tasks, more detailed calls for fire, and better integration of obstacles, recovery, logistics tasks, etc...   My only complain so far is that getting tanks and vehicles across bridges or through minefield lanes pretty much requires detaching vehicles down to the individual level and driving them through a lane manually. That makes any combined arms mission with those tasks involved a case of "dropping down to the drivers hatch" of each vehicle..

 

Overall impressed by where SB has gone since I last played, and looking forward to more battles in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archangel said:

Overall I'm enjoying the SB -Pro. I like the ammo management tasks, more detailed calls for fire, and better integration of obstacles, recovery, logistics tasks, etc...   My only complain so far is that getting tanks and vehicles across bridges or through minefield lanes pretty much requires detaching vehicles down to the individual level and driving them through a lane manually. That makes any combined arms mission with those tasks involved a case of "dropping down to the drivers hatch" of each vehicle..

 

Overall impressed by where SB has gone since I last played, and looking forward to more battles in the future. 

 

You just need to use the right commands. There is a guide for that:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×