Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kgb613

M1 series TC/loader voice Ammo Indexing

Recommended Posts

Hey there

 

One problem that I spotted is the voice order from TC when saying what ammo to load. Is only saying "SABOT" or "HEAT". So first problem is realistic one, so when loading Canister TC doesn't say "CAN/CANNISTER", when loading MPAT he don't say "MPAT", and I don't know what they say IRL for the HE-OR, even I guess they could say "MPAT" or "HE". So here, it's the first problem.

 

The second problem is when the tank carry different ammo. For example, imagine my tank carry M829A3 SABOT, M830 HEAT and M908 HE-OR. I have "Contact troop" and the battleload is SABOT. In game, my TC will say "Fire, Fire HEAT". The problem is, HEAT in game is used for M830, M908 and M830A1. If I don't use HUD, I cannot say which Indexed ammo to used. That is the second problem.

 

I think voice order from the TC and loader must be updated :)

Edited by kgb613

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kgb613 said:

Hey there

 

One problem that I spotted is the voice order from TC when saying what ammo to load. Is only saying "SABOT" or "HEAT". So first problem is realistic one, so when loading Canister TC doesn't say "CAN/CANNISTER", when loading MPAT he don't say "MPAT", and I don't know what they say IRL for the HE-OR, even I guess they could say "MPAT" or "HE". So here, it's the first problem.

 

The second problem is when the tank carry different ammo. For example, imagine my tank carry M829A3 SABOT, M830 HEAT and M908 HE-OR. I have "Contact troop" and the battleload is SABOT. In game, my TC will say "Fire, Fire HEAT". The problem is, HEAT in game is used for M830, M908 and M830A1. If I don't use HUD, I cannot say which Indexed ammo to used. That is the second problem.

 

I think voice order from the TC and loader must be updated :)

The problem is the Voice must work in many different vehicles(and their ammo types) and a  dozend(+) languages.

Effort vs effect is rather one sided...so I doubt this will be done anytime soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real problem is that we can no longer locate some of the original voice actors. So we'd have to redo the entire voice of every crew member that might use the word for an alternative ammo type - in every language that is supported with voice output. That's an excessive effort for a relatively minor problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ssnake said:

The real problem is that we can no longer locate some of the original voice actors. So we'd have to redo the entire voice of every crew member that might use the word for an alternative ammo type - in every language that is supported with voice output. That's an excessive effort for a relatively minor problem.

 

Can I make a polite suggestion?

 

In all seriousness, get on the Teamspeak server and ask everyone to immitate the person's voice, and collect the new samples.

 

I would rather have my American TC suddenly have a different accent when he says "MPAT!" than to not hear anything at all.

Or, at the very least, point the community to the appropriate voice files so we can do it...

 

In the past I tried to make a scenario around the 2003 invasion of Iraq where I understood the American tanks to have had a mix of Sabot, HEAT, and MPAT........Nope.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look I really don't have a problem with my TC suddenly becoming Basil Fawlty in the middle of giving a fire command, IF it means that I'll be able to hear "MPAT" for MPAT and "HE" or "Cannister" for HE or Cannister.

 

If this means that we all sit down and agree that ammo slot 3 will forever be the M1 series' M830A1 MPAT and HEOR-T slot, and that slot 4 will forever be the cannister slot, with the HEAT slot being used for M830, DM11, etc, then I am fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DM11 actually not available for M1 series and I guess it only has Impact and Delayed fuze, no airbust when I'll try with Leo 2A6 :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kgb613 said:

DM11 actually not available for M1 series and I guess it only has Impact and Delayed fuze, no airbust when I'll try with Leo 2A6 :/

 

I think some of them have a 120mm HE round...Maybe SlsGr.95 or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.11.2017 at 2:34 AM, kgb613 said:

DM11 actually not available for M1 series and I guess it only has Impact and Delayed fuze, no airbust when I'll try with Leo 2A6 :/

The leopards modeled in Steelbeasts don't have the necessary Equipment to set different fuse modes. so only impact and delay can be used... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×