Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mousie

Aiming advice for the Leopard 2E

I'm working on doing the first Camp Hornfelt mission, but I'm having a really big problem with aiming. Not so much that the sights don't zoom as much as the M1A2, but acquiring and maintaining a good lead on the target is a really big problem, especially when the target is moving closer or farther away. Does anyone have advice that could help me? 

Not necessary to hold lead on the GPS. Hold the lead/moving target button while tracking the target, then laze and fire.

I've noticed that my shots are off when I'm using my thermal sight. Do you have any advice there?

Have you indexed the ammunition (basically so the FCS adjusts the aim for the flight path of the ammunition)?

APFSDS "flies" very flat at least to say 2,500.

HEAT / HESH / MPAT, etc. has much more of an arc.

If the FCS thinks you are firing one type it will come up with a different solution to how the round actually loaded flies.

Awards

How do I index the ammo? On the M1A2 there's four buttons beneath the GPS that corrispond to each ammo type. Where would I find that on the Leo 2E?

For the Leopard, the loader index the round which is simulated in SB, so you don't have to worry about it. AI does it

Edited by Assassin 7

Awards

Is the thermal  sight not aligned completely with the gun? I know my shots are not going where they're aimed, but I can't figure out how to correct it yet

On the Leo 2E the zoom leves for the daysight and thermal are independent, but you need the high zoom level in daysight for lasing, if not each time you lase you are entering the battlesight distance into de ballistic computer.Thats the most likey problem

Awards

So I need to zoom in the daysight then switch back to thermals? Is there a good way to get used to that process?

Yes. Practice. If you get confused,other leo 2 models have a fixed daysight zoom(only high zoom level) , so you can imagine you are in a Leo2a5 and dont touch the "n" when you are in daysight, o go and  play in a leo2a5 but you will be loosing the advantage of the low level zoom.

Awards