wildbillkelsoe

F4 vision blocks view with binoculars enabled

I guess you might consider allowing a SLIGHT amount of zoom (like 1.5x) to represent maybe really getting up close and squinting to get a nice good look through the vision block, but from what I've seen of vehicle hatches, I feel like using binoculars even in the overhead protected mode would be tricky without practice due to how crammed in you are.

8 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Believe me, I tried. There just isn't enough space.

Would be fun to watch you try... while driving over rough terrain :-) 

I wasn't that stupid.

But I validated for SB Pro that there is really no justification to enable it.

On November 27, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Ssnake said:

I wasn't that stupid.

But I validated for SB Pro that there is really no justification to enable it.

you mean they normally drive with no binos? I've seen some weird shit then in my life.. Rommel for example...

No, you wear them around you neck. You always wear them around your neck (get off the tank, move around inside, their strap is around your neck).

When you want to use them, you stand up in the turret, or at least raise your head and shoulders outside the hatch (that is above the vision blocks).

Then bring them up to your eyes and use them.

You do not attempt to use them inside the turret - which is what you asked about initially.

Edited by Gibsonm

Military Binoculars are VERY expensive. And cracking or scratching the glasses is a bad idea for when you really need them, not to mention the risk of injuring your eyes...

42 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Military Binoculars are VERY expensive. And cracking or scratching the glasses is a bad idea for when you really need them, not to mention the risk of injuring your eyes...

Yes, we unzip our tanksuit tops and put them inside and then zip back up. You look silly but the binos are protected and they don't give off glare, etc. Also as you signed for them you know where they are. :)

Binoculars are also a good identifier for a enemy sniper that there target is a officer. LoL

4 hours ago, Marko said:

Binoculars are also a good identifier for a enemy sniper that there target is a officer. LoL

Perhaps for Infantry, but our Crew Commanders start at Corporal.

2 minutes ago, Panzer_Leader said:

But you can wear sunglasses to look cool, right?

Nah, that's what the cravat is for. ;)

I guess what I am asking for is unrealistic. OK how about zooming without trackir for unbuttoned 2xQ view? what key command to look for?

Edited by wildbillkelsoe

IIRC that's a function of realism (or difficulty) - which area will be detailed in the manual.

At the lower settings you can "zoom" the view without resorting to Binoculars.

At the mid to upper levels then you need to take the Binocular route.

Again though my recolection maybe wrong (not using the lower settings much).

At the lower realism settings you may use the zoom function while in the observer's position, but it will shift the point of view to that of an unbuttoned commander. Not sure why the majority of the beta testers had a problem with that, but, well, so we removed that option from the highest realism level, making the UI more clunky.

As a Challenger 1 loader/operator I used to assist the gunner and commander in acquiring targets by looking through a small civilian set of Binos through the x1 loaders periscope. It has a practical usage in the real world, not too sure about in sim world??

I could barely squeeze my myself in a T-72 hatch.  Using binoculars would probably require chopping a part of my head off. Lea 2 is not that more spacious either. A workaround is using Track IR.  You can actually zoom the view through F4 view if you have one. 

2 hours ago, Lusik said:

A workaround is using Track IR.  You can actually zoom the view through F4 view if you have one. 

So that would be a "cheat" then?