F4 vision blocks view with binoculars enabled

wildbillkelsoe

I guess you might consider allowing a SLIGHT amount of zoom (like 1.5x) to represent maybe really getting up close and squinting to get a nice good look through the vision block, but from what I've seen of vehicle hatches, I feel like using binoculars even in the overhead protected mode would be tricky without practice due to how crammed in you are.

No, you wear them around you neck. You always wear them around your neck (get off the tank, move around inside, their strap is around your neck).

When you want to use them, you stand up in the turret, or at least raise your head and shoulders outside the hatch (that is above the vision blocks).

Then bring them up to your eyes and use them.

You do not attempt to use them inside the turret - which is what you asked about initially.

Edited by Gibsonm

42 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Military Binoculars are VERY expensive. And cracking or scratching the glasses is a bad idea for when you really need them, not to mention the risk of injuring your eyes...

Yes, we unzip our tanksuit tops and put them inside and then zip back up. You look silly but the binos are protected and they don't give off glare, etc. Also as you signed for them you know where they are. :)

IIRC that's a function of realism (or difficulty) - which area will be detailed in the manual.

At the lower settings you can "zoom" the view without resorting to Binoculars.

At the mid to upper levels then you need to take the Binocular route.

Again though my recolection maybe wrong (not using the lower settings much).

• Members

At the lower realism settings you may use the zoom function while in the observer's position, but it will shift the point of view to that of an unbuttoned commander. Not sure why the majority of the beta testers had a problem with that, but, well, so we removed that option from the highest realism level, making the UI more clunky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I could barely squeeze my myself in a T-72 hatch.  Using binoculars would probably require chopping a part of my head off. Lea 2 is not that more spacious either. A workaround is using Track IR.  You can actually zoom the view through F4 view if you have one.