Ho-Ho-Ho! Release Notes are up.

Ssnake

• Members

While we couldn't get the new terrain ready for a public release by last September (and then had to shift our attention to a number of contractucal obligations, at least the beta testers reported a lot of bugs in a most helpful manner, so that the programmers could successfully remove a number of bugs (four pages, to be specific).

I expect the installation files to be ready within a day (and will keep you posted about it), but please bear in mind that everybody is a bit stressed out because of last minute holiday preparations ... and so are our IT guys. Cut them a bit of slack, this is supposed to be a season of joy after all. :)

Find the news on our homepage.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thanks for all the hard work!

Looking forward to whatever (and whenever) this update will be available for this fantastic gaming community.

Also, Merry X-mas to all and a happy new 2018!

Pressing F5, F5, F5, F5... lol

Edited by Ingolf

45 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

"• Fixed bug #5462; successful breaches of mine obstacles will no longer be reported to the owner"

I don't have a copy (yet) so I can't check, but does that mean we no longer get a "lane" graphic?

There was a bug where the owner of the minefield got the breach lane graphic, not the person doing the breaching.

• Members

Specifically, now only the PARTY that performs the breaching will get rewarded with the lane graphic. If the breaching is done by Bluie and the minefield is owned by Blue, Blue will still get notified. Otherwise Blue needs to observe what's happening, and draw their conclusions about the state of the obstacle.

Even if that wasn't a Pro only feature, you'd still need a copy of PlumeSIM:

Steel Beasts provides meteorological data as an important variable for PlumeSIM. The operator controller may then plant a contamination hazard in PlumeSIM, which calculates the resulting concentrations of harmful substances as graphical map footprints. The footprints are then fed back into Steel Beasts

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Specifically, now only the PARTY that performs the breaching will get rewarded with the lane graphic. If the breaching is done by Bluie and the minefield is owned by Blue, Blue will still get notified. Otherwise Blue needs to observe what's happening, and draw their conclusions about the state of the obstacle.

Right so given that Blue is probably trying to breach a Red (or at least "non Blue") minefield, they will get the lane marker.

If Blue is the Breach force and Green is the Assault / exploit force then Blue will see it, but will need to tell Green?

That sounds fine.

Edited by Gibsonm

4 minutes ago, TankHunter said:

Just a WAG, but I think that is an external tool that uses SB.

Yep as detailed in the article:

"Argon took advantage of the options that the SBClient API offers to third party developers."

But that requires people to read beyond the headline - a lost art these days.

I also think it was discussed here at some length back in August when the announcement was made.

Edited by Gibsonm