Upgrade to Forum software?

Gibsonm

When viewing the forums as a guest -- without logging in -- the box containing the awards overlaps the text. Moving them to right-align has lessened the problem.  When logged in, they just overlap the sigs (which aren't there when viewing as a guest).

Clipboard01.jpg

I see the same when logging in with Internet Explorer (which I don't typically use).

Must be a Chrome thing. In Chrome the Awards box overlaps the last element in the post. When logged in, that's the sig (if the user has one). If logged out, or the user has no sig, the Awards box overlaps the post text. 

Edited by Splash

On 12/24/2017 at 6:58 PM, Homer said:

Profile photo generation from first letter of the member's name has to go.  Too Googlely.

Splash, I made a change sigs which hopefully will help.

The "Awards" icons are the problem. The issue remains unchanged for me in Chrome. Since there are no other complaints about this, maybe it's a personal settings issue I need to investigate. I'm not seeing it on other sites, though.

For me, whether logged-in or viewing as a guest, the Awards box (with icons flush-right) overlaps the last element in each post.  Aside from being kind of fugly, it does create a problem with attached files.

If the last element is a sig, it's usually no big deal as the sigs are on the left and the awards icons on the right. A thin, white border overlaps the sig image, though.

If the poster has no sig, and the only element is his post text, the icon box overlaps that text.  This is not usually a big deal, but the left white border of the box bisects the first letter in each line, and when the poster writes enough to fill one or two lines at my resolution, the end of the line of text is behind the icons. 

If the poster adds an attachment, the icon box overlaps that attachment.  This is a big deal in the case below, for example, where I cannot click through the Awards icon box to reach the attached test-1.sce file.

I agree players should be proud of having CO'ed multiplayer events, yes. But why not make those awards icons like the sigs: unviewable when not logged in and hideable when logged in?

Clipboard01.jpg

Soory for another challenge, but ....

I'm trying to create a "poll" but despite:

1. Giving the post a title

2. Providing content

3. Giving the poll a question

4. Adding possible responses

It wont create the post.

I don't want to risk creating multiple duplicates so I'll stop now and just create a post without the question, but it would be nice to know what I'm doing wrong.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Splash said:

The "Awards" icons are the problem. The issue remains unchanged for me in Chrome. Since there are no other complaints about this, maybe it's a personal settings issue I need to investigate. I'm not seeing it on other sites, though.

For me, whether logged-in or viewing as a guest, the Awards box (with icons flush-right) overlaps the last element in each post.  Aside from being kind of fugly, it does create a problem with attached files.

If the last element is a sig, it's usually no big deal as the sigs are on the left and the awards icons on the right. A thin, white border overlaps the sig image, though.

If the poster has no sig, and the only element is his post text, the icon box overlaps that text.  This is not usually a big deal, but the left white border of the box bisects the first letter in each line, and when the poster writes enough to fill one or two lines at my resolution, the end of the line of text is behind the icons. 

If the poster adds an attachment, the icon box overlaps that attachment.  This is a big deal in the case below, for example, where I cannot click through the Awards icon box to reach the attached test-1.sce file.

I agree players should be proud of having CO'ed multiplayer events, yes. But why not make those awards icons like the sigs: unviewable when not logged in and hideable when logged in?

I have 3 choices on the awards icons:  left align, center align, right align.  I haven't had any luck moving them up and down vertically.  There is no way to make them hide-able, sorry.  

It looks as though I'll have to start over with all my edits to this theme, most of the css has changed in the last version and the normal process for upgrading has corrupted the theme.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:34 AM, Sean said:

Give it half an hour, then try the poll again.

Unfortunately I now have two corrupted posts.

Can we delete http://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/11937-rolling-thunder-18-rt-18-interest-availability-proposed-dates-times/

and http://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/11938-rolling-thunder-18-rt-18-interest-availability-proposed-dates-times/

I'll try again in 24 hours. My apologies to anyone trying to open and read either of them.

Edited by Gibsonm

Please add "http://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/11942-rolling-thunder-18-rt-18-interest-availability-proposed-dates-times-test/

Rather than continue to clutter the thread with junk posts, I'll wait until someone says the issue is fixed - I guess after the planned maintenance outage.

Edited by Gibsonm