Rolling Thunder 18 (RT 18) - Interest / Availability (proposed dates / times) - no poll but it works

Gibsonm

BG ANZAC will be running Rolling Thunder (RT'18) this year over the Easter Break (unsure if both the Orthodox and broader Christian dates align this year)

As has become traditional, this year is "local" year so its set in Australia. But don't worry, back to Europe in 2019.

Sequence: 3 x Missions (each 90 - 120 min long) with "small" 30 min break in between for drinks, loo, etc.

Timeframe: Early 90s: ASLAV, Leo AS1, M113 Recon, M113 Mech Inf, M60, Cobra, Kiowa vs T-55, T-72, BTR80, BMP2. etc.

Participants: AS and USMC against OPFOR

Likely time: starting at 1800 GMT

Options:

a. 1800 GMT Friday 30 March (early Saturday morning in Oz): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180330T1800

b. 1800 GMT Saturday 31 March (early Sunday morning in Oz): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180331T1800

c. 1800 GMT Sunday 1 April (early Monday morning in Oz): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180401T1800

1800 GMT on Easter Monday is not an option as its Tuesday morning (a work day) here in Aust.

It will help us with planning if you select the best option for you in the accompanying "poll". Sorry but creating questions appears to be currently broken (I've added a post to the "Forum upgrade thread") so please tell me "a", "b" or "c" in your response below - the poll closes at 2359 31 JAN 18, Australian Eastern Summer Time.

If one option is good but another you might do at a pinch (say can attend all 3 missions in "a" but only the last two for "b") I would appreciate it if you could add that to the comments below.

Back story, Format, mission outlines, etc. (the usual RT stuff) can be found here:

Edited by Gibsonm

Progress "scores" - I'll close the poll at midnight (GMT) on 31 JAN 18:

A (Fri/Sat).

"Good": 3
"can make if I have to": 3
"No good wont be there": 0

B (Sat/Sun).

"Good": 5
"can make if I have to": 1

C (Sun/Mon).

"Good": 1
"can make if I have to": 2 (would be late)
"No good wont be there": 3

Sorry DK-DDAM but I can't allocate your preference until you provide a bit of detail. ;)

6 hours ago, Nike-Ajax said:

B to me seems the best bet. I am hoping to be able to participate, but family issues beyond my control means I sadly can not give a firm answer.

That's fine - I think I worked out it will run for approx 9 hours (depending on planning breaks, mission length, etc.).

There will be ample opportunity to either join mid mission or do say Mission 1 and then come back for Mission 3 or some combination.

Progress "scores" - I'll close the poll at midnight (GMT) on 31 JAN 18:

A (Fri (GMT) / Sat (Aust)).

"Good": 5
"can make if I have to": 3

B (Sat (GMT) / Sun (Aust)).

"Good": 9
"can make if I have to": 1

C (Sun (GMT) / Mon (Aust)).

"Good": 2
"can make if I have to": 2 (would be late)

* I've only recorded the scores supplied - so if someone only said "B is good", I haven't recorded entries against A or C.

Hopefully the responses increase before closing date or I may need to re-consider conducting it at all.

After today, I'll provide weekly updates with a final result after the 31st.

Edited by Gibsonm

Weekly Progress "score" - I'll close the poll at midnight (GMT) on 31 JAN 18:

"1st Preference": 6
"2nd Preference": 3

"1st Preference": 11
"2nd Preference": 1

"1st Preference": 3
"2nd Preference": 2 (one of which would be late)

* I've only recorded the scores supplied - so if someone only said "B is good", I haven't recorded entries against A or C.

Hopefully the responses increase before closing date or I may need to re-consider conducting it at all.

10 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

On my experience on organizing this type of events, polls are not the most reliable source to know the number of people that would actually attend it. For one reason or another some people simply do not like to answer Polls. Do not ask me why.

I guess some people cannot commit to an event that is planned to happen in a couple of months because they are used to work on short term schedules

The fact is that we have a "comunity" that most of the times that we are organizing something  like this we are having 20+ people in attendeance. Yesterday at Kanium match we were 30

I am sure this event would be very suscesful.

A well prepared and profesionally designed scenario is always very welcomed.

In my case as I have already voted you can count with me and I am sure with 20+ more others (Poll or no poll)

Yes I understand that, but I also don't want to ask people to spend weeks building scenarios that require several people to run effectively and then rely on people who decide to turn up on a whim.

Previous RTs / LNoTs have had good indications of attendance well before we ran them.

It seems if you give people "too much" notice they can't commit and if you tell them its on next week, the response is "if only I'd known earlier".

I guess we'll see at the end of the month. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Weekly Progress "score" - I'll close the poll at midnight (GMT) on 31 JAN 18:

"1st Preference": 8
"2nd Preference": 3

"1st Preference": 12
"2nd Preference": 2

"1st Preference": 3
"2nd Preference": 3 (one of which would be late)