TGIF 2018: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

• Moderators

16 MAR scenario:

!Zollerheim 2012-4010-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Server Admin:

Re: TGIF  23/Mar/17

Subject: New Attendee

This will be my first time attending TGIF. Could you post the URL for the scenario download early so I can get it installed?

Will I need to get anyone loaded into the Whisper channels for tonight's TGIF?

Not that I have to another engagement but, how long do you expect the session to last tonight? 

Signed;

Wax

Wax,

Welcome! :)

Ensure you have 4.023 installed - if you don't you can't play.

Often the scenario link is posted 30mins or so prior, so I guess it depends on your definition of "early".

No Whisper lists used. All of Blue is in a channel, all of Red is in a different channel - same applies to 3rd or 4th parties, everyone in one channel. The only possible difference is if the there are more than 2 parties, then CO Blue and Say CO Green would be in a whisper list to co-ord their allied actions.

Usually approx 45mins from start time to the mission actually commencing.

Duration after that say 2hours

Post Match washup / gas bagging - add another 2 hours (or longer if you want to stay until "last drinks").

Edited by Gibsonm

• Moderators

23 MAR scenario:

Border Dispute 2013-4010-MAD

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

• Moderators

Hello all,

Until further notice, we are going to adopt the randomized CO method (aka. 'the die roll') for TGIF, but excluding the newest members.

This seems to be a good way to quickly determine a CO, and a lot of people seem to like the 'chance' element to it, and it spreads around the experience and responsibility, and it is a good way to "change up the experience" to keep TGIF fresh (which we try to do from time to time). :)

So basically, there won't be any CO volunteers accepted for now, until we decide to change it up again, and this also avoids the issue that some have that the same handful of people CO all the time (myself included). 

EDIT: Those who CO'd the previous week are exempt from the CO draft roll.

Hi Volcano,

wanted to thank you (and everyone) for the welcoming reception to my first TGIF on 23/Mar/17. Wanted to apologize to all if I was too loud when I'd speak up. I only recognized at the end of the multi-play that I had the in-game volume turned up and was yelling over the top of sounds in my headset. Real rookie mistake. I'll get the hang of it. Hope to visit with you online Friday after Easter.

regards,

Wax

• Moderators

30 MAR scenario:

!Battle for Schwaben Creek Valley T72 v10-4010-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No.
  • Random CO selection? Yes.

NOTES:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

13 APR scenario:

Where the Victoria Crosses Grow 2013-4023

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No.

NOTES:

8 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

Great game today from reds perspective. Well made scenario and a tough task for RED. Didnt win the game but it was a good fight! GG!

It was fun and a very GG. I have to

admit that I had a blast with the T-72 while supporting ash. Overall good mission and very fun

• Moderators

20 APR scenario:

!OBJ PV - MP_4019b

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

Hello, I should have my new headset/mic here Sunday. The boom on my current one has been bent out of the way one time too many and its time for it to be retired. Thought I would give it one last try since it has been a long time since I played multiplayer anything! Guess I could have stuck around and just been a fly on the wall but figured it was easier for everyone if I were to call it a night. Regardless, hope to give it a go soon!