• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

27 APR scenario:

Allied Force MTC 01-4019a

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No.
  • Random CO selection? Volunteer, then draft remaining.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Last night was my first multi-player game, and towards the end I had a glitch that I've yet to experience with SB. I was in the process of hitching up my tank to another, and switched views from the tow vehicle to the immobilized vehicle. When I attempted to switch back the screen flickered and it hurled both tanks from their location near a bridge all the way back to what I realized was a way point I had set previously behind the crest of a hill a great distance away. At that point, both vehicles were listed as destroyed. I was not under any enemy fire, and the immobilized vehicle had only thrown a track, no other damage to speak of. Is towing during an MP session not allowed, or was I just unfortunate? I also need to adjust my audio settings, as the noise of the tank/combat drowned out most of what my teammates were saying. I could hear the occasional "One-two" or "One-one, tanks" but to hear clearly I had to stop the tank and ask for clarification. 

The towing issue is usually caused by trying to tow a tank that is not under your control and having a synchronization errors between the owner's computers.  

I had issues last night as well.  I had a section of tanks that kept running into each other.

Also, there is a volume control under "Options" in the start menu.

Edited by TSe419E

The tank I was attempting to tow was my wingman, and was a tank I had command of, unless you mean not under my control as in I am not currently sitting in that vehicle. I was afraid to hit the options menu for fear of managing to get myself disconnected somehow mid-game, guessing I will have to remember to adjust the volume between online sessions and solo play. Aside from those odd bits, it was nice to not be rolling around solo for a change. 

2 hours ago, B_B_Gunne said:

The tank I was attempting to tow was my wingman, and was a tank I had command of, unless you mean not under my control as in I am not currently sitting in that vehicle.

The "towing bug" happens pretty rarely and up until this report effects player A towing a vehicle owned by Player B.

This is the first time I've heard of it happening when both vehicles are owned by Player A. :(

Indeed up until the now the way to avoid the issue has been for Player B to give ownership of the towed vehicle to Player A.

• Moderators

4 MAY scenario:

Combat Commander 4023

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

• Moderators

Hello all,

Apologies on the false start TGIF scenario and wasting everyone's time. :(

That said, I am trying to debug the scenario to see if it is a problem with the scenario itself, or something greater. The fact is, I had updated the scenario recently and tinkered a bit with it to make it more "fancy" and add in more recent vehicles, and while doing that, some of my event and conditional logic was messed up.

But to get to the bottom of what the issue might be, can someone from the RED side please PM me the trigger choices you guys made, if you know them? All you need to do is tell me the letter sequence of the choices, example: A,B,B,D,C

(ie. that would be Recon A, Tanks B, ...etc).

Thanks

I can't recall the Trigger choices but here are the three reports.

No letter = first run

"a" = 2nd run

"b" = 3rd run

I think Connaugh picked the same Triggers each time.

Can you work back from the units listed to confirm the Triggers?

We had NZ LAV, BMP2, T-72, HIP, ...

Combat Commander 4023.sce_14_05-05-18_12_15_19.htm

Combat Commander 4023b.sce_14_05-05-18_13_23_22.htm

Combat Commander 4023a.sce_14_05-05-18_12_54_51.htm

Edited by Gibsonm

• Moderators

11 MAY scenario:

Combat Commander 4023b (again)

or...

The Three Sisters 2013-UKvDE-4019-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • The plan is to try this same scenario (Combat Commander) again, we have a short planning phase of 15-20 minutes. If the host CTD's again then we will move to the next scenario in the list (Three Sisters) with the same CO, same teams, and similar planning time (20 minutes).

NOTES:

• Moderators

18 MAY scenario:

The Three Sisters 2013-UKvDE-4019-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Moderators

25 MAY scenario:

Deliberate Defense 03-4023-OMU-MAD

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Moderators

01 JUN scenario:

Brush Fire-Town Dispute-UN playable-4010b

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Moderators

Thanks for playing the scenario.

I fixed the UN issues that were reported (infantry LMG damage, QRF arrival event [and added more notes to the briefing about how to get them]).

Also, now if we ever reload a save-in-progress then Luena and Lubango will no longer receive additional reinforcements. -_-

• Moderators

08 JUN scenario:

TGIF_Central Golan_4023_OMU_V1

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No (unless teams are not considered balanced or at least one CO would prefer one).

NOTES:

• Moderators

15 JUN scenario:

Convoy Ops 01-Multiside-4019b

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No (unless teams are not considered balanced or at least one CO would prefer one).
  • Random CO selection? Yes. Three COs required. Blue & Green vs. Orange.

NOTES:

• Moderators

22 JUN scenario:

Civil War Santa Catalina-4019b

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes. Anyone who has played this scenario must help the CO (CO can pick second in command who is a veteran). Be sure to read the briefing thoroughly. The tactical situation is not complicated, but there are events linked to certain objectives.

NOTES:

• Moderators

29 JUN scenario:

FEBA Madness (M1A1 v Leo2A4) v. 0.71x

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

FEBA Madness (M1A1 v Leo2A4) v. 0.71x.zip