Any tips on using a web-cam for Steel-Beast , or is it plausible ? I  would like to show other fans the great Sim that Steel-Beast is or could I find this information in the manual ? thanks. Boys..

1 hour ago, Fred Williams said:

Any tips on using a web-cam for Steel-Beast , or is it plausible ? I  would like to show other fans the great Sim that Steel-Beast is or could I find this information in the manual ? thanks. Boys..

Do you mean like this:

I think an unfiltered streaming of a mission is likely to deter more people than it may attractc, to be honest. The really large missions involve a fair bit of downtime for every individual player. A lot of that is made up by suspense and/or your attempts to guess at what the situation is and to keep tabs on what the others are doing in the team, but that doesn't transport well in the pure video stream. Therefore, editing out times of travel or of just waiting in an ambush is probably more helpful in that the end result probably transports the excitement that you feel better while not creating the impression on the viewer's end that he's the friend watching you play with the model trains but who is never trusted with the controls.

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I think an unfiltered streaming of a mission is likely to deter more people than it may attractc, to be honest. The really large missions involve a fair bit of downtime for every individual player. A lot of that is made up by suspense and/or your attempts to guess at what the situation is and to keep tabs on what the others are doing in the team, but that doesn't transport well in the pure video stream. Therefore, editing out times of travel or of just waiting in an ambush is probably more helpful in that the end result probably transports the excitement that you feel better while not creating the impression on the viewer's end that he's the friend watching you play with the model trains but who is never trusted with the controls.

Yes Ssnake

This was a 6,5 hour session that now fills 1,43 hours with AAR sequences added in to explain what happened. :)

But i will just butt out now as you explain it much better then i was going to do Thanks.

MD

+1 for vid stream with comment and explanation.

But yeah tends to be very long and with periods of nothing happening can turn a bit boring. 

When filming I tend to throw it all in there cause I simply don't have the time to edit to much. 

I enjoy edited content with comments still. 

Much can be said by either method. 

I use Shadow play that came with my gfx card and it works great. 

Edited by Swordsmandk

I use OBS, which is freeware (but does allow for donations).  I have also used Action in the past.  Both give the ability to live stream the game play and show a camera face shot of the player at the same time.