[Sound] KPVT 14.5mm playing two sounds

Apocalypse 31

The 14.5mm machine gun (KPVT) is playing two external sounds, simultaneously:

extcoax.wav and autocannon400.wav

Conditions

-Vehicle doesn't have any 7.62mm ammunition.

-Bug doesn't occur in 3rd person, aux view

-Bug only occurs when viewing the vehicle, externally

Recommend that the weapon only use the autocannon0.wav at near distance, and autocannon400.wav at farther distances. Do not recommend the weapon use extcoax.wav - this is used to depict a machine gun burst. 

• Moderators

Yes, this is known, since Steel Beasts 1 actually. Nothing can be done about it anytime soon.  The issue has to do with the fact that this is considered a looping "machinegun" weapon, and how sound gets delayed over distance. For technical reasons, a loop cannot be delayed over distance, so the sound has be in a one-off burst.

At some point we want to redo the sound engine, at which point machine gun fire could be single shot samples, but there hasn't been time to rip the whole thing out and start over.

1 hour ago, Volcano said:

at which point machine gun fire could be single shot samples

Darn. I actually prefer the looped stuff. The loops, like extcoax and extcoaxloop, sound much more natural than the single shots like x_M240 and x_M60mg. I was hoping you guys would consider moving that stuff to a loop rather than the single shot played over and over.

1 hour ago, Volcano said:

the fact that this is considered a looping "machinegun" weapon

Understood. I didn't think it was. The files 1st and 3rd person sounds are all single-shot .wav files. i_Cal50Turret.wav and autogun400.wav