M60A3 Night Ops, Driver NVG's, formations and slow speeds

dpabrams

Last night I set up a night mission with some M60A3's. The first thing I noticed is that the speeds were very slow on roads, even when set to march, top speed and column. No matter with fast or top speed, it seemed the speed remained what I would call "slow". So, I thought switch to the driver position and speed it up, which worked, however the driver did not have NVG's so this was a problem in the dark (under options, NVG was checked). The exposed commander had NVG's as did our scout driver's in their M113A2's. It's a nice effect cruising along as a drover or commander in the green haze. I get that speeds should be slower at night but these M60's were creeping at less than 10 Kph I would say no matter what I set the route speed to. When I tested M1's they ran faster, but slower than they would in day time. I also noted that I could not seem to get my M60 platoon into line formation. It seemed almost a permanent wedge, with lead tank always on point and well ahead of the other three (4 tank platoons).

Any ideas?, Should I attach the scenario?

Things drive slowly in SB at night, ive encountered this too, i believe its just how it is unfortunately. You can try changing the time of day/night to be a little brighter, ive been able to set it such that you can use the NVG's and drive at normal speeds (early morning), but its light soon, so only limited time with NVG

Something seems amiss here. From the driver's view I can get NVG views in the M901, M113A2 and M60A3. I have not figured out the exact sequence for any but "zooming" while in the driver's view, hitting the "TIS" button and "going up" in the hatch works, most of the time in the M60A3. Zooming from the closed hatch view of the M113 series and hitting "TIS" works also.