Windows 7 Install

Crankshaft

• Members

A few more details would be helpful.

which version of Steel Beasts are you trying to install?

Note that older versions may not install directly on a Windows version that wasn't out at the time we compiled the installer.

Are you installing on a virtual machine?

"It says something about license."

I guess that means that you need to do something about license.

I'll be happy to go into details if you do, too. Like, the exact text of the error message.

Thank You Ssnake, for your quick response. I should have done a little more research before making this post. I downloaded the latest update for SB pro, and had no issues

installing the program. Now my problem is with the license activation. I have a very old copy of the sim with the usb dongle. I have updated the firmware for it, to 1.18, but I

am having trouble with the activation process. I created the files I was told to email the vendor (esim games I assume) and have sent them. Any help would be g

reatly appreciated.

Thank You

David "Crankshaft" Hiebert

1 minute ago, Gibsonm said:

Perhaps you need to buy an upgrade?

Buy an upgrade? I paid $125.00 for the sim, I assume back in 2006. So you are telling me it will cost me more money to update to 4.0? Since the sim wont install from the original disk

I guess I am SOL. I cant even use my old version. PC software has really taken downward slide.

Depends I guess on the definition of "very old" but a license 2.64 wont run 4.023.

• Members
2 hours ago, Crankshaft said:

I ... had no issues installing the program.

Now my problem is with the license activation. I have a very old copy of the sim with the usb dongle. I have updated the firmware for it, to 1.18, but I am having trouble with the activation process. I created the files I was told to email the vendor (esim games I assume) and have sent them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just checked my email inbox again, nothing. To which email address did you send it? Can you give me a hint about your own mail address (no need to disclose it in full, here). It may be in the spam filter, but it helps if I know what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Anyway, if you have installed SB Pro PE 4.023 (the latest version) you can review the license information. Plug in the CM stick, right-click the CodeMeter tray icon and select "WebAdmin" (or click that button from the CodeMeter Control Center). This will open a new browser tab displaying license information. It may show the content of the (empty) virtual CM stick that Steel Beasts creates on installation. In that case, go up one level in the hierarchy to show "All CM Containers", then pick the one whose serial code (most likely) starts with 1- (possibly 2-, 3-) followed by a seven-digit numerical code.

There's two options. Either it lists a specific number of licenses of a specific version of SB Pro PE (e.g. "11051 - SB Pro PE 2.4 - n/a - n/a - 1 - n/a") where the first figure is the product code, the second the product name, and the second to last one the number of licenses. Or it JUST reads 11051 - SB Pro PE  and not much else. In that case you will need my help, and I will need your email address to help you.

Just for everybody else's information if you ever research this topic and run across this post, the product code numbers are

11051 - valid for SB Pro PE 2.4 (and earlier versions)

11071 - valid (only) for SB Pro PE 2.5

11081 - valid (only) for SB Pro PE 2.6

11091 - valid (only) for SB Pro PE 3.0

11101 - valid (only) for SB Pro PE 4.0

• Members

1 hour ago, Crankshaft said:
1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Perhaps you need to buy an upgrade?

Buy an upgrade? I paid $125.00 for the sim, I assume back in 2006. So you are telling me it will cost me more money to update to 4.0? Since the sim wont install from the original disk

I guess I am SOL. I cant even use my old version. PC software has really taken downward slide.

Depends I guess on the definition of "very old" but a license 2.64 wont run 4.023.

I'm not sure who said what to whom here.

In any case, if you have an old license (2006 is 12 years away, this counts as "old" in the software business, particularly in games) you may still upgrade to version 4.0 at a reduced price (here's the link to our web shop), but you NEED the license to play version 4.0.

You may however continue to play the old version indefinitely. In that case uninstall version 4.0, but keep the CodeMeter runtime installation. Then install version 2.2, 2.3, or 2.4 again. When prompted for the CodeMeter installation, click "cancel". You need a contemporary version of it, but if it's there the old version should still work on any Windows version since XP.

For more information about your licensing options, you may find this orientation thread useful.

I uninstalled 4.0 kept codemeter stuff. tried the 2.4 update, then realized I needed install from the disk, well I cant install from the disk. I keep getting a couple different errors. Says it cant read the Data file, corrupt or something. Took files off disk put em on hdd, still get error.  when it comes to that point it asks if I want to abort, retry, or ignore, no matter what I select it rolls back all that had been installed to that point. I know now why people buy consoles, PS4, Xbox etc. :)

Edited by Crankshaft

• Members

Even for consoles DVDs can go bad over time; they SHOULD last (much) longer but at the end of the day DVDs suffer from deterioration like any other storage medium. I could try and see if I can find a disk in my archive and make a copy of it. But even then I would need you to contact me so I get your address.