4.023 - MICLIC no longer detonates?

Gibsonm

It may just be a incorrect memory but I thought the MICLIC used to detonate?

Admittedly this was back when the MICLIC model was tracked.

Certainly the firing sequence is currently modelled and afterwards there is a path, of sorts, where the mines are gone, but I thought it used to actually go off (boom, pall of smoke, etc.)?

If the response is "You're dreaming" that's fine. ;)

Edited by Gibsonm

This seems to be invalid. I have just tested it. If you fire it manually (with no mines present) and remembering to press space a second time (while buttoned) it works.  Using a breach route and a minefield and observing from the floating camera when the miclic fires there is a satisfying line of explosions go off.

???

OK, I'll have another look tonight.

I'm not sure about firing with "no mines present" - I tried in front of a surface laid minefield.

Also unsure why the need to hit space twice - pressing once has the arm on the trailer rise and the smoke from the rocket.

Its the explosion of the length of plastic explosive on the ground that seems to be missing.

But as I say I'll have another look tonight.

Edited by Gibsonm

BUG retracted, it was the new requirement to "double tap". :)

Process that works:

1. Manual Approach:

a. Drive / follow route to edge of minefield.

b. Go to F7

c. Close Hatch (press b)

d.Hit "space"

e. Go to F8 - watch arm come up and charge launched

f. As arm on trailer arm lowers, go to F7 again

g. Hit space.

h. Go to F8 - watch "Boom" :)

i. Reverse vehicle away to make room for plough / roller to prove the breach.

2. Scripted Approach:

a. Route to near side of minefield

b. Breach Route through minefield (Miclic fired automatically) *

* CARE: Whilst giving the vehicle a Breach route does fire the MICLIC automatically (launch and detonate), the vehicle then continues into the breach. You need to give it a "retreat if ..." route (if scripting) to get it to back up and allow the proving vehicle into the breach.

When I get a chance I'll update my Breach Guide. :)

3 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Actually, I think that firing MICLIC manually "always" (at least since 2.4 days) required two presses of the space bar. It may be different from the external observer's view and the commander's position.

Well for 2.654 and 3.023 it was still single press - hence why I put that in the "Guide". I don't recall pressing it once ever. Unless in frustration (is it ready to fire yet!?) I pressed the space bar a few times in rapid succession and achieving the required double tap without knowing. :)

11 minutes ago, Major duck said:

I Remember that i sat in a M2 and observed Ronin fire the miclic but diddent see an explosion from my vehicle i was in F8 view but that is not a scintific observation but i think i have it on a movie i will look when i get home from work

MD

Yes, seeing YouTube file, plus some work I've done this week on a Breaching Tutorial is why I raised this ticket (and why I mentioned I'd pass the information on to Grenny). :)

Edited by Gibsonm

1 hour ago, DK-DDAM said:

think ive experienced that its more client sided regarding the explosion. that only the one using the miclic were able to see the explosion.

Which is I guess where I was getting at. In Ronin / greeny's video he is the crew commander of the Bradley / MICLIC combination. He launched the MICLIC and it didn't go off. That plus my experience in building the scenario prompted this thread.

Now that I know about the double tap, I'm alble to get it to work properly and I suspect next time Ronin / Grenny will too - I've sent him a PM just to confirm he knows.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

All I'm saying is, I distinctly remember that when this was implemented years ago, two space bar actions were required. MAYBE there was a bug at some point that only a single space bar press was necessary, and later it got (accidentally?) fixed. I don't know. All I know is that it was never intended to be a single space bar action "by design", and that it worked when it was introduced.