1CAD/KANIUM SUNDAY 28TH OF JAN 1900 UTC "FIRST CLASH, FIRST MISSION" BY 12ALFA

Major duck

1CAD/KANIUM SUNDAY 28TH OF JAN 1900 UTC "FIRST CLASH, FIRST MISSION" BY 12ALFA

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

World Clock 1900 UTC

• Open to everyone
  • You dont need to be in one Scenario to play the next
  • I suggest that players read the Background before playing for Immersion
  • Players who have not been to Kanium TS before please come early so you can get setup as we have special setup and you need to get rights

Briefing:

NOVEMBER COMPANY ORAL ORDERS

OC N Coy 3 RCR,

1 . Situation

a. En Forces: 1 GTD is advancing steadily EAST to WEST hard on the heels of a withdrawing U.S. Force,

b. Friendly Forces: 4 CMBG is deployed to stop the enemy advance; 3 RCR left, 1 R22eR right.

c. Atts and Dets: In loc G11 (FOO from A Bty 1 RCHA)

7G (FC from Mor Pl)

2 Sect, Aslt Pnr Pl

4 and 5 sect, Armd Def Pl

1 and 2 Tp, B Sqd RCD

1/8G, 1/8G, AD Tp, 1 RCHA

2. Mission

Coy will def assigned sector from 07/25/84,0330HRS

3. Execution

a. General Outline: Two pis up, left 1 PI, right 3 PI, in depth 2 PI. Coy def posn centred on BLICKHEIM RIDGE WEST of FÖRCH facing east. B Sqn will superimpose its fire on our layout. We will provide intimate support to a B Sqn ambush in FAVORITE.

b. 1 Pl

(1) Grouping: In loc 4 sect. Armd Def Pl

1/8G, 2/8G. AD Tp

FC

(2) Task: Left forward pl, sector and arcs as laid out on our recce.

c. 2 Pl

(1) Grouping: Det one sect to under comd 1 Tp, B Sqn in FAVORITE initially.

(2) Task: Depth pl, sector and arcs as laid out on our recce. Be prepared to conduct local counter-attacks into 4 or 6 Pl sector on order,

d. 3 PI 

(1) Grouping: In loc 5 sect, Armd Def Pl.

(2) Task: Right forward pi, sector and arcs as laid out on our recce.

e. Coy HO: Dig in at assigned location,

f. 2 Sect, Aslt Pnr Pl: Assist dig-in of Coy HQ. Assist pls in prep of obs and fd defences,

g. Arty: FOO, c/s C11, will be with me.

h. Coord Instrs 

(1) Timings: Main body arr def posn from 0315 hours.

(2) Moves: Under comd 2ICs at each level, the move forward has already commenced.

(3) Fire Plan: FOO will brief pl comds in their location. FPFs on my command only.

(4) Pris Of Work: 

(a) Fire trench for every man to stage II.

(b) Protective minefields,

(c) Clearing arcs of fire,

(d) Dig to stage III.

(5) Deception/Concealment: Posn will be occupied at ni. No use of white li.

4. Service Support

a. Ammo: 2 x maintenance ld of HMG and 84 mm HEAT to be delivered to pl posns ASP.

b. Feeding: Commence hard rations on arrival on site. No fires. Tactical feeding when possible,

c. Med: Ambulance w/Coy HQ; Med A to recce routes to UMS.

d. Def Stores: Start w/basic Id; additional revetting materials will fol as time and tac sit permit. Make max use of locally aval materials.

5. Command and Signal

a. Coy HQ GR

b. Radio silence broken on contact only. Lift on order c/s 0.

c. Each pl to maintain a runner at Coy HQ until line is laid,

d. Passwords: Issued with SOI

e. Nicknames: Ambush position around old castle FAVORITE is OLD KNIGHT.

gcSh9rq.png

Edited by Major duck
Give the right credit

Is there any set of skins recommended/available for this campaing?

The Leo AS1 comes with a cammo pattern that is not most typical for European battleground on the 80´s

Not sure what version and skin we will use for the M113 and other vehicles.

There are some skins available on the download page but I wonder if the sceanrio creator has something in mind on this sense.

Edited by Furia

32 minutes ago, 12Alfa said:

I have used whats avaib in the DL section.

However you must install on your PC as well I think for them to work, ie: I don't believe they are embedded in the mission.

You are correct. You can't embed skins in a mission.

People need to download them and install into the relevant mod folders.

I value input from the 1st mission to strive to make a better experience for all. ,I as well as both commanders are in talks to such a end.

So, as a player please feel free to post here what you feel needs to be improved, and of course how.

Aslo feel free to send what was enjoyable in the mission.

Hi 12ALFA, I do appreciate the effort and love for detail that went into the backroundstory an mission.

A few point from me:

- With a big secnario and mainly mout-action, use off map arty! This will bring down the vehicle count a fair bit.

You have to rely on both parties not to abuse the "unlimited arty ammo", but I think we are mature enough for that(hopefully)

-some advance info on which vehicle to use! We had these nice M113A1 canadian skins...only to ride in US-pattern M113A3s

Other then that, our platoon had a very relaxed mission. We had time to practice security operation. I even had the time to relieve the sentinel post with a handover drill acc to "LANGEMAP" after one hour ;-)

The only live enemy I've seen was a BMP-2 on our left wing, that was right then shot down by one of the tanks. And we "missed" enemy artillery! (Not want enemy arty tough :-P...also again, It should be used with sense. AFter all the infantry in steelbeasts can NOT DIG IN...so HE arty would cause a lot more damage then it would IRL)

I have really enjoyed this one. Teamming in a tank platoon with Assasin is always a priviledge. B|

Well organized mission, well commanded and exciting.

The only things to comment  in order to fix some iossues detected were:

The tanks we had only one smoke round when we were supposed to provided some smoke cover.

Some infatry units apparenty had Javelin Missiles. I have the feeling that was not intended.

The Leopard1AS GPS has the reticle in light grey colour and Steel Beasts Pro PE does not have an optional extra reticle colour so aiming the GPS with the foggy enviroment was really hard. Was more easier to see the enemig tank than my own reticle. 

And  I would also ask for having the compass activated or at leasts that we receive information about this before launching. I was gretting crazy with this till I fgured out this was dissabled.

Said this.

Awesome mission, you can already enlist me  for the next one in a Leo in Assasins Platton ^_^

On the meantime I have dusted off the book and I am reading it again to get more inmersion.

Edited by Furia

My Feedback: 

Negatives:

1. Highway concrete walls was still there, just like last time we played First clash and it created the same damn issues again. I controlled my AI and moved slow as f*ck to hold my platoon in placed and that worked for me, but other platoons got to say the least, problems.

2. Disabling the compasses. When I realised the compasses was disabled I was about to ragequit badly. I had my own callsign plus 1 AI callsign, so in total 2 APCs and 6 dismount teams. that became extremely confusing at wrong times because I wasnt aware in what f*cking direction they where looking. Trying to sort out the direction the unit was looking was not something I needed when in contact and djumping between units that gladly changes direction whenever they feel like it. To be blunt if next FC has compasses disabled I wont play it, it such a frustration for me.

3. Line objects. I had a heart attack when I saw the amount of line objects on that map after the problems I had on my Gotland map with line objects, and yepp, as soon as indirect fire came down, dismounts everywhere and russians attack the FPS dropped like a stone, despite the fact that I have a very good computer. This need to be checked so majority of players can play it, the line objects are still causing FPS issues and will be for a long time I get so having the very good-looking hedges and walls everywhere is not a good option to keep the FPS up, the Linje objects need to be looked at if we are fighting in more cities.

Positives:

1.I like when Mech inf/mot Inf get in focus, it not often enough that happens, fighting with M113 and dismounts is a challenge and really get you to focus as they cant take any beating at all.

2. That this is running, I really like campaigns with a story behind it (so now I got 3 campaigns going for me this spring!) so keep them coming.

3. Terrain is very good, besides mentioned line object problem. I like how you get decent combat ranges and the weather added imersion and LOS issues for sure (In a positive way)

12 hours ago, Grenny said:

Hi 12ALFA, I do appreciate the effort and love for detail that went into the backroundstory an mission.

A few point from me:

- With a big secnario and mainly mout-action, use off map arty! This will bring down the vehicle count a fair bit.

You have to rely on both parties not to abuse the "unlimited arty ammo", but I think we are mature enough for that(hopefully)

-some advance info on which vehicle to use! We had these nice M113A1 canadian skins...only to ride in US-pattern M113A3s

Other then that, our platoon had a very relaxed mission. We had time to practice security operation. I even had the time to relieve the sentinel post with a handover drill acc to "LANGEMAP" after one hour ;-)

The only live enemy I've seen was a BMP-2 on our left wing, that was right then shot down by one of the tanks. And we "missed" enemy artillery! (Not want enemy arty tough :-P...also again, It should be used with sense. AFter all the infantry in steelbeasts can NOT DIG IN...so HE arty would cause a lot more damage then it would IRL)

Thanks for the input. I will make the above changes.

1 hour ago, Kingtiger said:

My Feedback: 

Negatives:

1. Highway concrete walls was still there, just like last time we played First clash and it created the same damn issues again. I controlled my AI and moved slow as f*ck to hold my platoon in placed and that worked for me, but other platoons got to say the least, problems.

2. Disabling the compasses. When I realised the compasses was disabled I was about to ragequit badly. I had my own callsign plus 1 AI callsign, so in total 2 APCs and 6 dismount teams. that became extremely confusing at wrong times because I wasnt aware in what f*cking direction they where looking. Trying to sort out the direction the unit was looking was not something I needed when in contact and djumping between units that gladly changes direction whenever they feel like it. To be blunt if next FC has compasses disabled I wont play it, it such a frustration for me.

3. Line objects. I had a heart attack when I saw the amount of line objects on that map after the problems I had on my Gotland map with line objects, and yepp, as soon as indirect fire came down, dismounts everywhere and russians attack the FPS dropped like a stone, despite the fact that I have a very good computer. This need to be checked so majority of players can play it, the line objects are still causing FPS issues and will be for a long time I get so having the very good-looking hedges and walls everywhere is not a good option to keep the FPS up, the Linje objects need to be looked at if we are fighting in more cities.

Positives:

1.I like when Mech inf/mot Inf get in focus, it not often enough that happens, fighting with M113 and dismounts is a challenge and really get you to focus as they cant take any beating at all.

2. That this is running, I really like campaigns with a story behind it (so now I got 3 campaigns going for me this spring!) so keep them coming.

3. Terrain is very good, besides mentioned line object problem. I like how you get decent combat ranges and the weather added imersion and LOS issues for sure (In a positive way)

Thanks for the input. I shorten the entry onto the Autobahn thinking this would aid in movement, did testing .Might  have been my constant driving on the AB that gave me the false impression that players could also. That  being said, I will remove the center concrete, and maybe the outer guard rails.

Also remove some (most) of the line objects.Side effect is lower immersion, but I understand players frame rate issues. Compass will return for the player as well Personal, I have never found the lack of it a issue, (see below) but, again understand player concerns.  Great points.

1 hour ago, Furia said:

I have really enjoyed this one. Teamming in a tank platoon with Assasin is always a priviledge. B|

Well organized mission, well commanded and exciting.

The only things to comment  in order to fix some iossues detected were:

The tanks we had only one smoke round when we were supposed to provided some smoke cover.

Some infatry units apparenty had Javelin Missiles. I have the feeling that was not intended.

The Leopard1AS GPS has the reticle in light grey colour and Steel Beasts Pro PE does not have an optional extra reticle colour so aiming the GPS with the foggy enviroment was really hard. Was more easier to see the enemig tank than my own reticle. 

And  I would also ask for having the compass activated or at leasts that we receive information about this before launching. I was gretting crazy with this till I fgured out this was dissabled.

Said this.

Awesome mission, you can already enlist me  for the next one in a Leo in Assasins Platton ^_^

On the meantime I have dusted off the book and I am reading it again to get more inmersion.

Good points that have been fixed for next mission. Load-out will be given to mission designer in future. Inf load outs the same.

I will add a info brief to the next mission here to inform on special First Clash additions to the mission to keep everyone in the loop, hopefully this will solve any issues you and others have raised.

Did you have movement issues on the Autobahn?

Thanks