M1A2 SEP CITV realignment in CITV GLOS and GPS GLOS ( Emergency mode) [FIXED]

Assassin 7

Active damages: (Gunner, Stabilization,Stabilization count down) BUG: FCS is in Emergency mode, In the TC's station you click on GPS GLOS or CITV GLOS the CITV sight does not realign with 
the Gun LOS . Correct operation: The CITV sight should realign where the Gun LOS is pointing when GPS GLOS is selected or 
CITV GLOS is selected and the FCS is in emergency mode. Important: this bug is only active when the damage:"Stabilization countdown is active"

SS_16_58_23.jpg

OK let me see if I am understanding this right from what I am seeing.  If everything is working if I'm in CITV  manual mode if I press CITV GLOS while I'm holding (P) The gun turns to match the CITV. If I'm not holding P then the CITV turns to match the gun. If I put it to GPS GLOS mode then the CITV turns to match the gun (Regardless of (p)).

What I am seeing, which appears to be errant, is when the Gunner and Stab are damaged when I change to CITV GLOS or GPS GLOS the GPS Reticle appears in the CITV even though the gun has not turned to match or Visa-versa. Is this what you are reporting?.

If so the Stab countdown is a red herring as it happens with just the other damages.

Edited by DarkAngel

2 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

OK let me see if I am understanding this right from what I am seeing.  If everything is working if I'm in CITV  manual mode if I press CITV GLOS while I'm holding (P) The gun turns to match the CITV. If I'm not holding P then the CITV turns to match the gun. If I put it to GPS GLOS mode then the CITV turns to match the gun (Regardless of (p)).

What I am seeing, which appears to be errant, is when the Gunner and Stab are damaged when I change to CITV GLOS or GPS GLOS the GPS Reticle appears in the CITV even though the gun has not turned to match or Visa-versa. Is this what you are reporting?.

If so the Stab countdown is a red herring as it happens with just the other damages.

Yes the CITV sight should move to the Gun line of sight as it does when the herring goes away. And yes about the stab countdown as far as being the red herring.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just an update...

So basically a couple of things here - 

1.  "The CITV will not move towards the gun as long as the 'Stabilization countdown damage' (which is actually GYRO damage) is active, because the GYRO damage is applied both to the GPS and the CITV. In other words, the CITV is considered damaged, so it doesn't move back to the gun. Once this damage has been repaired (takes 60 seconds), the CITV will move towards the gun."  So that part is a feature. (I should say that IRL the CITV and turret might have a separate gyro for stabilization, but in SB the temporary stab loss applies to all gyros).

2. The part about the commander being able to move the turret in NORMAL mode with stabilization damage has now been fixed.

1 hour ago, Volcano said:

Just an update...

So basically a couple of things here - 

1.  "The CITV will not move towards the gun as long as the 'Stabilization countdown damage' (which is actually GYRO damage) is active, because the GYRO damage is applied both to the GPS and the CITV. In other words, the CITV is considered damaged, so it doesn't move back to the gun. Once this damage has been repaired (takes 60 seconds), the CITV will move towards the gun."  So that part is a feature. (I should say that IRL the CITV and turret might have a separate gyro for stabilization, but in SB the temporary stab loss applies to all gyros).

2. The part about the commander being able to move the turret in NORMAL mode with stabilization damage has now been fixed.

As for #1, you are correct. The CITV Gyros are a separate subsystem in the FCS from the rest of the other gyros on the tank IRL.