Superbowl 2018 riot

ashdivay

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2018 at 11:17 PM, ashdivay said:

Eagles WON !!! suck it NE Patriots! 

This is how Philadelphia celebrates!

If this is what happens when thier team wins, id hate to see what Philly would look like if they lost.......

Sheeeet.  id bet they just Murder the Team players outright and string up thier headless bodies on lamposts in the streets, and stick thier heads on Pikes.

My god, Just unbelievable. Such behaiour. Although SOme Football ( soccer fans have caused trouble too.) 

I remember when  i was still in Highschool , I was on vacation in turkey ,  There was a soccer match one day,  People were rioting in the Streets, Even just Outside My hotel room I saw some guy Climb out of a car Stop traffic by throwing flares  on the Road and ran around crazy with his buddies.

Edited by Kev2go

the trouble with youth is that it's wasted on the young

i understand why people behave in such a way that seems like the animals- because we are animals. specifically, evolved primates, but animals nonetheless that a few thousand years of civilization hasn't altogether selected for more civilized behavior our of hundreds of thousands of years of hominid evolution (and extending back further, millions and millions of years of vertebrate evolution, and going back further, hundreds of millions of years of animal evolution- before grasses and trees ever existed).

this may sound overly philosophical to explain, but it's all true, and once you see the world for what it is, our own minds, and life itself, it can't be unseen. the very fact is this- we are born mortal, we are dying from the moment we are conceived. then out of a fraction of our lifespans, relatively few years are optimal for mate selection and working, gathering resources, even fighting (tribalism is in our dna- hence why people get all excited when their sports teams win). this is the period of our lives when we are most likely full of piss n' vinegar and feel immortal. people can spend these years in idle pursuits or investing their futures (neither one is necessarily 'better' in the grand scheme of things), but the fact remains the clock is ticking and the race is on when we are born to go out and do something, we have a limited window, notwithstanding late bloomers like some individuals who come into some bit of luck or profound discovery relatively late in life, but as the pareto principle (80/20) predicts, most people won't- even if they aren't acting out in a riot, most people will just 'waste' their time away in average pursuits, anonymous and this sort of thing working for other people.

someone like ssnake is different, in his genetic line culminating up the here and now, in his dna there was something seeded differently to select for him to be involved with and create a product and achieve some fame. most people won't, but as i get older, i really don't get caught up too much in what other people are doing or not doing, i tend to realize in retrospect this is all fleeting and will pass anyway. most of us even if we have children will be forgotten in three generations anyway, and given a long enough time span, nobody will remember some riot in philadelphia over the eagles winning a superbowl.

Edited by Captain_Colossus

14 hours ago, Captain_Colossus said:

the trouble with youth is that it's wasted on the young

i understand why people behave in such a way that seems like the animals- because we are animals. specifically, evolved primates, but animals nonetheless that a few thousand years of civilization hasn't altogether selected for more civilized behavior our of hundreds of thousands of years of hominid evolution (and extending back further, millions and millions of years of vertebrate evolution, and going back further, hundreds of millions of years of animal evolution- before grasses and trees ever existed).

you again with your philosophical ramblings

It must be a lack of culture.  AS i nor anyone within my immediate circle of friends or family are known to ever have behaved in such a way.

this may sound overly philosophical to explain, but it's all true, and once you see the world for what it is, our own minds, and life itself, it can't be unseen. the very fact is this- we are born mortal, we are dying from the moment we are conceived. then out of a fraction of our lifespans, relatively few years are optimal for mate selection and working, gathering resources, even fighting (tribalism is in our dna- hence why people get all excited when their sports teams win). this is the period of our lives when we are most likely full of piss n' vinegar and feel immortal. people can spend these years in idle pursuits or investing their futures (neither one is necessarily 'better' in the grand scheme of things), but the fact remains the clock is ticking and the race is on when we are born to go out and do something, we have a limited window, notwithstanding late bloomers like some individuals who come into some bit of luck or profound discovery relatively late in life, but as the pareto principle (80/20) predicts, most people won't- even if they aren't acting out in a riot, most people will just 'waste' their time away in average pursuits, anonymous and this sort of thing working for other people.

There are simply SO many human beings on the planet though thats its impossible to expect everyone to Achieve Wealth, Fame, let alone a Lasting Legacy in History. AS even the despicable human beings are included in the History books. 

someone like ssnake is different, in his genetic line culminating up the here and now, in his dna there was something seeded differently to select for him to be involved with and create a product and achieve some fame.

yup because DNA predicted he' be a Computer coder/ game designer specifically of all other fields. That sounds almost like something cheesy religious grandparents would say.

most people won't, but as i get older, i really don't get caught up too much in what other people are doing or not doing, i tend to realize in retrospect this is all fleeting and will pass anyway. most of us even if we have children will be forgotten in three generations anyway, and given a long enough time span, nobody will remember some riot in philadelphia over the eagles winning a superbowl.

Or maybe we dont need to to be and just accept the reality of things, and enjoy life in what ever way suits you.

DeathOfASalesman.jpg

Edited by Kev2go

15 hours ago, Captain_Colossus said:

it has more to do with how easily triggered you are- really emo it seems. even in other topics it's noticeable you fly off the handle for people making comments

NO i don'. fly off the handle,  hardly. I   Just get mildy irritated at times by some   your responses because I got the impression ( maybe misread) come off stating off your opinion  with an air of superiority as if it were indisputable fact, like you've the only person the world who's  got It all figured out.

Edited by Kev2go

well this is the point i was making earlier- youth is usually the time people do impulsive things, irrational, many times destructive, because it's fun. you'll notice the older people get, the less likely they tend to do things like that.

this is not a coincidence that young men especially tend to experience high mortality rates aside from the very old. testosterone levels are elevated, they tend to be energetic, life experiences (and in many cases socialization) have not caught up to them yet to teach them that you're very mortal, even if they understand this rationally, it's not yet sinking in.

it's also no coincidence that this seems to be nature's design- youth is the time when all that energy could be used for creative or destructive pursuits. when people invoke darwin award winners, they're not terribly far off, if we apply the natural selection process to ourselves, you see how it plays out. many young people full of life but less sense will get culled out as a result of this, they are 'disposable' as far as the nature and sometimes society are concerned. in contrast, a few of them may go on to do things that are very profound or useful for society. finally, it's not a coincidence that society tends to recruit from the population of young males for dangerous duties and military service for all these reasons.

this behavior is not all that different in function from young animals play fighting and practicing and honing their skills for later in life. when you look at young animals, they tend to play a lot more- if you have dogs you'll notice how much more playful and obnoxious they can be as pups, as they get older, that tends to slow down unless they are poorly socialized and firm rules weren't established.

Edited by Captain_Colossus