T72A M1 Decals v. 4.x

daskal

I'm having problems locating the decals used by the T72M1. My guess is the file is "t72M-decals", but I cannot find the highligted marking in the file. Can someone help me out here what decal files are used by the T72M1?

SBProPE64cm 2018-03-08 00-23-40-66.jpg

Specifically, the T-72M1 draws the indicated marking from the lower-left position on the default sovietdecals.dds. So that's the only one you need to change, unless you want also to affect the T-55, T-62, T-64 and other flavors of T-72, which draw from the other positions.

If any other potential modders are interested, the graphic below shows the locations the various T-tanks draw their markings from. (This is for reference only, and not a moddable template). 

sovietdecals.jpg

Thanks All! One more question - sometimes there is a decal present on the IR searchlight - sometimes its empty.. Is it randomized whether the T72 has a decal here? I would like to keep the IR searchlight free of any Decal.

IR T72.jpg

5 hours ago, Splash said:

Yes, it's randomized. I ran into the same issue when doing my Finland version. The only workaround is to paint your national marking directly on the skin and alpha-out the T72M1 spot on the decal file.

How can I "alpha out" the spot on the decal?