SB 4.023 - Infantry not staying indoors

Rotareneg

Another Infantry related problem Ssnake

Trying to get a PC to unload the troops, mount a vehicle implacement (tier2 type), make the PC stay turret down untill hostiles detected in a zone (that works fine), and then make the troops mount again (so far i have set a trigger to make that happen).

I have tried to dumb it down, but no matter how i do it the troops will not remount the vehicle...

It does not work either, if i place the vehicle in a defend wp without an implacement. 

Any help appreciated

Small scenario attached - use red side

test.sce

What you are describing is probably not a problem with the game, but a lack of understanding of how to script stuff.

Put a  'troops/mount' condition on the route leading away from the BP, or some other ' mount if ' condition that suits you. (Troops mount if unit this is under direct fire/ in region x/ etc)

If you are trying to achieve something that youve seen done in another scenario, you can often learn how to do it by 'reverse engineering' in the editor.

Keep experimenting

Good luck

1 hour ago, Mav said:

Trying to get a PC to unload the troops, mount a vehicle implacement (tier2 type), make the PC stay turret down untill hostiles detected in a zone (that works fine), and then make the troops mount again (so far i have set a trigger to make that happen).

I have tried to dumb it down, but no matter how i do it the troops will not remount the vehicle...

It does not work either, if i place the vehicle in a defend wp without an implacement. 

Any help appreciated

Small scenario attached - use red side

test.sce

I just want to confirm I have the sequence right:

1. BMP-1 unloads troops.

2. BMP-1 occupies the tank scrape.

3. Troops remount vehicle if hostiles "detected" or if a Trigger (here "open fire") is selected.

I've attached a worked solution.

Sequence:

1. BMP-1 moves to a waypoint with "dismount troops" selected.

2. There are four routes from this waypoint:

a. one for the BMP-1 to proceed to the tank scrape.

b. three other "emabark if ..." routes, one of which will be selected by each individual squad / team.

The Infantry dismount and move away while the BMP-1 proceeds.

3. The BMP-1 occupies the Tank scrape.

4. There is a region created labelled "Hostiles detected". If there are one or more enemy units in that zone the troops will return to the BMP-1 and re-mount. They will also return if the Trigger "open fire" is selected. This is controlled through the "Troops"  "mount if ..." option, using a "OR" condition, for waypoint 24 (the one the BMP-1 arrives at in the tank scrape).

Hope that helps? :)

If that isn't the outcome you are after, please get back to me.

test dismounts.sce

Edited by Gibsonm

Hi Gibsonm

Thanks mate.

It works just like i wanted it too. i did thou remove the three embark routes for the inf. Not needed for me. The infantry will stay close to the vehicle and mount it again just fine. I think it was a matter of separating the dismount if.. and mount if.. on two WP's that does it.

38 minutes ago, Mav said:

Hi Gibsonm

Thanks mate.

OK, glad you got what you needed.

You could prove the regional part by scripting a blue vehicle to drive into the region and confirm that the troop re-mount without needing to use the Trigger.

I'd suggest you don't use something that can't easily kill the BMP-1 though as it might kill it before the blue unit enters the region. :)