New To SB Pro 4

t3redundee

G'day All,

As the title suggests I'm new to SB Pro 4. Purchased my Code meter some time ago for SB Pro 3 but never really got into the sim due to commitments elsewhere. I've searched the forums for a few questions I need answers to but come up with no answers.

- I'm 67 years of age and find the Briefing screen difficult to read in it's current form. I've been watching some of Matsimus's Videos and notice that his Briefing is blue on white background and the font is much larger. Could someone advise me how to change this.

- I don't come from a military background. Is there a list (diagrams etc ) for Unit symbology that is relavent to Sb Pro 4.

- Also I don't seem to be able to Add User to the game. Lt Default keeps appearing.

I'm really enjoying this new challenge it's a great sim and being retired I have plenty of time to devote to it. 

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Allan

Allan,

Happy to talk you through this stuff on Teamspeak if you like, but in brief:

1. I'm not sure if you can change the colour of the briefing text. Perhaps Matsimus records his stuff using a filter or similar to make the text look different?

2. There are books on this but often they run to a few hundred pages.

If you look on your machine here: C:\Games\SB Pro PE 4.023\docs (you might have a different path, but its wherever you installed SB) you'll find "STANAG2019 App-6c - MS-2525c.pdf" and that should help.

3. Choose "Records" from the main menu. Then Type your proposed name in the box below "add user" then hit Return / Enter and that user should appear in the list.

Of course happy to talk you through this on a Thursday night, if more convenient. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Thanks Gibsonm for your quick reply, I shall read that pdf doc. Might try to contact Matsimus to see how he did the briefing changes.

Another question springs to mind. I attempted Thursday night to enter teamviewer but did not have the relavent information. I need an Ip address?

Assuming you mean TeamViewer and not Team Speak. :)

Yes I need to know before hand so I can "invite" you into the session, assuming you have downloaded the software.

If you mean Teamspeak (the software used for chat) then you need to connect to the SB Teamspeak server which is located at: 216.22.24.158

The best idea is probably a combination of both:

1. Connect via TeamSpeak and let us know you want to join the TeamViewer session.

2. I can then send you the invite.

3. You can then connect.

Great,

Also this scenario:

Might help with the symbology. Admittedly its just explains what a symbol is (i.e. the symbol for "clear") but not how to "clear" or what "clear" means.

To help with that you might want to review this thread:

In any case see you Thursday or if you have nothing on tomorrow you are welcome to drop into Rolling Thunder '18 at some point during the day:

Edited by Gibsonm