Open play-test prior to TGIF

Ive allowed time for a full play through, but its entirely possible that it will wrap up before the 110 minute time limit is reached (assuming theres even enough players to run it).

Also, i may enable Full Map Updates for this playthrough if there arent many players (<10 or so)

Edited by Bond_Villian

Zero,

Good work.

My minor points:

1. Adjust date in Mission Editor to 1973.

2. Distribution of points (at least on Blue) - the central high ground is worth less than the outer regions, but if the enemy secure the centre, Blue can't hold the outer zones.

3. Make the obstacles visible to Blue during planning. We didn't know about the steel beam belt until we started (was a relief to see it though).

4. Audio file for the Sharon QRF has hard to understand.

5. Sharon QRF seems to arrive early - was on map at H+20:

[20:00] ///// QRF Sharon have arrived from the SOUTH/////

6. Infantry didn't show up with map updates "on".

7. All Blue units could call for indirect fire. The indirect fire was the on board mortars only - unsure if there is meant to off board proper Artillery?

Link to AAR file:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZyFLQ7ZWoconAA2C1HyySrV8eLpXJyqri4k

Report file attached.

TGIF_Central Golan_4023_AMU_RC2a.sce_63_04-07-18_09_34_08.htm

Edited by Gibsonm

16 hours ago, dpabrams said:

Please leave the HESH at the ammo dump please. I hate that crap. Every time I go to the range in my Shot' the commander orders HESH for moving targets 2K away. Ever try to hot a BRDM moving across your front at 2300m?

Did they have HESH historically, do you know?

8 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

Did they have HESH historically, do you know?

Yes, they used the HESH, and they had a habit of lobbing them onto the top of enemy tanks at long range and blasting threw the thinner top armor but it's a  skill that takes great practice. If the target is moving or theirs wind, forget it.

• Moderators

Yes indeed, unless I am remembering incorrectly, the HESH was the IL's go-to round for long range killing, because the KE of the period had insufficient penetration at longer range. 

Of course the target had to be stationary though, little chance to hit a moving target with HESH at range...

1 hour ago, Volcano said:

Yes indeed, unless I am remembering incorrectly, the HESH was the IL's go-to round for long range killing, because the KE of the period had insufficient penetration at longer range. 

Of course the target had to be stationary though, little chance to hit a moving target with HESH at range...

Sure but if they are queued up behind the AT ditch. :)