4.023 FASCAM FUBAR?

Gibsonm

In a recent BG ANZAC multi-player session we saw the following on both Host and Clients.

Basically a FASCAM mission fires, the map graphic appears, no mines are laid and then the graphic disappears.

In Detail:

1. Screenshot of the scripted FASCAM Mission (designed to close a lane in a protective minefield if the enemy approaches):

41268809491_5e33927b37_o.png

2. H33:37 - Blue dismounts detect mines. Graphic displayed on map:

41225080062_27b27fdb7d_o.png

3. H33:37 - 3D view, note no FASCAM on road:

41225079852_e702c66c22_o.png

4. H33:53 - Map Graphic disappears:

41268808901_c7b9bc0f8b_o.png

If Blue uses the roads they are not damaged.

So in summary the map graphic appears and disappears while in the 3D world there are no mines laid.

Can provide AAR, scenario file, etc. as required.

Edited by Gibsonm

5 minutes ago, DK-DDAM said:

where do u see the sarcasm?

Its my sarcasm (hence why its bracketed around my response).

Instead of "Its working properly, the FASCAM mines time out at 33mins and disappear" or similar I just get USER ERROR shouted at me.

Edited by Gibsonm

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of an update.

I had a 2nd look tonight and not quite "User Error".

The FASCAM mission is delivered by the Mission Editor, not in game by Red AI.

FASCAM missions plotted in the Mission Editor, do not get the option to adjust the "time out" period.

If I enable FASCAM under the Red support menu then sure I can adjust its life, but I didn't want red firing FASCAM during the mission (Its a Tutorial where Red can fire smoke only. Blue is told if they are suddenly shrouded in smoke they are doing something wrong). :)

I think its still a bug just one related to plotting FASCAM in the Mission Editor, not related to allocating FASCAM for the AI to fire during the mission.

Or if you prefer, a "feature request" to replicate the Support menu options for FASCAM when you are scripting artillery.

For your consideration.

9 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

Actually there is an undocumented feature here. If you set a Fascam destruct timer in the support menu then preplot FASCAM obeys that timer.

Sure, but you can only access that timer if you activate FASCAM as an AI artillery choice.

I do not want the AI firing FASCAM.

I do want the AI to fire smoke if it detects Blue units.

So I can not activate say FASCAM (and set the timer options that then become available) and smoke or the AI will be able to fire FASCAM and Smoke.

Or do I need to select FASCAM, to gain access to the timer, set the timer and then set the Missions to zero?

Like this:

41746309711_81ee32f5d4_o.png

Edited by Gibsonm

11 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Sure, but you can only access that timer if you activate FASCAM as an AI artillery choice.

I do not want the AI firing FASCAM.

I do want the AI to fire smoke if it detects Blue units.

So I can not activate say FASCAM (and set the timer options that then become available) and smoke or the AI will be able to fire FASCAM and Smoke.

Or do I need to select FASCAM, to gain access to the timer, set the timer and then set the Missions to zero?

Like this:

41746309711_81ee32f5d4_o.png

The latter. If there are no Missions and or no Fascam reference points then the AI cannot call the fascam but the Preplot Fascam will obey the timer.