Shot' Kal ammo indexing?

dpabrams

I thought I noticed that the commander was calling for HESH when faced with T-55/62 only and I believe the APDS is the better choice. Turns out in this test scenario I have included that in fact the commander will alternate calls for HESH and SABOT when faced with stationary T-55/62 at 1000 and 2000 meters. This is problematic I believe as APDS should be the first choice for T-55/62.

0 HESH test 1973.sce

Workaround for that is to press the "hold fire" key when the sce starts. The loader will continue to load sabot. The TC won't call out targets for you and will keep saying "Cease fire," but you'll be free to plink away at targets with sabot to your heart's content. :D

You didn't hear this from me, of course.

On 4/7/2018 at 11:28 PM, dpabrams said:

OK, I get all the above. Go to the range in the Shot Kal and try and hit a moving T-62 at 2000 meters with HESH, when you can't access the commanders seat and your rounds are indexed for you.

OK Huge difference on the tank range where penetration isn't considered. If a round hits it kills. Its a very different thing when you are in a real fight then you are wasting ammo on the whole with either round @2000m.

This logic of HESH over APDS is flawed. The AI is loading HESH when T-55's are less than 1000 meters, moving and behind light trees that will detonate a HESH round. I think the AI should load ADPS by default first. It's a pain in a fire fight to keep jumping in the commanders seat to index the best round for the job.