Resolution issue

tempusmurphy

I have just upgraded my pc and Steelbeasts seems to have some issues with screen resolution. When I try to change the screen resolution  to 1920x1080 non windowed mode,  I am getting a strange pop up message which states  the following 

Generic application error

Switching to the reference rasterizer,

a software device that implements the entire Direct3D feature set, but runs very slowly 

PC specs 

I core5 7600k 

16gb 3000mhz ram 

Nvidia 1070ti with latest (stable) drivers 

cheers 

Tempus 

• Members

In all cases that I can remember, switching to a different driver version eventually solved the issue.

You don't have a second graphics card that you're not mentioning here, do you?

I mean, the Core i5-7600K comes with an integrated intel graphics chipset 630, so if your computer was accidentally configured to use the intel chipset, this might be the source of trouble. Alternatively, if this isn't the case then you may want to try out if the error still comes up if you change the preferred graphics processor for the application to the other graphics card.

On my notebook, I have an entry in the executable's context menu. I don't on my desktop machine. I found some internet discussions that suggest that this would be set in the NVidia control panel, so you may want to try that. Unfortunately I don't seem to have this installed on my machine, so my ability to provide detailed guidance ends here.

If the problem persists, please start Steel Beasts in debug mode and send us the corresponding DebugLog files (one for each attempt where you get the error message, both with the GTX1070 and the intel 630 chipset, ideally).

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this is related to the same issue.

I just upgraded my system. 

running s i7 8700k with Geforce 1080 and a 4K monitor.

I Fired op SB pro pe and I'm very happy. Everything is running smoothly, my only Issue is the text menus are now so small that it is hard to read or the text is on top of each other.

In Mission editor it is almost impossible to create Actions/Behaviors  as menu is all bunched together and hard to see what to click.

Also top menu is "cropped"

Is there a work around for this issue ?

Edited by JUST

3 hours ago, JUST said:

Not sure if this is related to the same issue.

I just upgraded my system. 

running s i7 8700k with Geforce 1080 and a 4K monitor.

I Fired op SB pro pe and I'm very happy. Everything is running smoothly, my only Issue is the text menus are now so small that it is hard to read or the text is on top of each other.

In Mission editor it is almost impossible to create Actions/Behaviors  as menu is all bunched together and hard to see what to click.

Also top menu is "cropped"

Is there a work around for this issue ?

I think @Major duck might possibly have a fix for that: he is running an insane rig with an insane giant curved monitor. 

• Members

Please look at the font scaling in WIndows 10. 125% seems to work tolerable in Steel Beasts, everything else seems to create trouble. We're "on it" in the sense that there are activities going on to rework the UI, but that will still take a good while.