New Steel Beasts version soon??

foxlarry

As has happened in the past, for one reason or another. I lost all of the maps and

scenarios I created. This time round, it was building a new rig.

Before I start to reconstruct new maps and scenarios. I'm

wondering if I should just wait for the next edition of Steel Beasts.

Also, I have a CodeMeter Stick from SB Pro 3.023. Would I be able

to reinitialize it, and use it with newer versions.

Any thoughts and assistance with these questions would be much appreciated.:)

Only Ssnake knows when a new version is coming out.

Any other posts, by pretty much anyone else here, is a guess (informed or not) and should be regarded appropriately.

As for the CodeMeter stick, not sure what you mean by "reinitialize"?

Yes you'll need a licence upgrade just to go from 3.023 to 4.023 (or later). Yes, you can update the CodeMeter software, but if by "reinitialize" you mean format it, then no I doubt it (I haven't done that ever with the stick I've had for 15 years or so).

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

I know that you're joking, but every mention of that version number will only produce more search hits, and lend further credibility to an unsubstantiated rumor. To that extent, I find your otherwise innocuous remark rather unfunny, as it only makes my job harder.

I have SB 4 license cmstick. Will I need to upgrade to the next edition and if so how much will it cost me. Do I need to send back the stick to esim games for a license upgrade?

Edited by wildbillkelsoe
five is not next. next is what is after the current. Q.E.D.

12 minutes ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

I have SB 4 license cmstick. Will I need to upgrade to the next edition and if so how much will it cost me. Do I need to send back the stick to esim games for a license upgrade?

Can I strongly suggest you remove "X" and just say "the next version" in line with:

On 5/19/2018 at 3:26 PM, Ssnake said:

.... but every mention of that version number will only produce more search hits, and lend further credibility to an unsubstantiated rumor.

Cost: unknown (depends on where you live, local currency, etc.) Current upgrade is US$40 so that's probably a good indicator though.

No, you don't need to send the stick back - you upgrade via a URL and the Internet.

Edited by Gibsonm

2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Can I strongly suggest you remove "5" and just say "the next version"?

Cost: unknown (depends on where you live, local currency, etc. Current upgrade is US$40 so that's probably a good indicator though.

No, you don't need to send the stick back - you upgrade via a URL and the Internet.

I meant next version. Edited as directed. So its Forty Ooo Ess Dollarz yeah... No problem. Stick I keep? URL and internet? Swwwweeeett!

• Members

Just in case that it needs an official confirmation:

• Upgrades for licenses on a CM stick do not require that the stick be mailed back to us
  • Upgrade prices are set a few months before the release of a new version, at the time when we announce that new version. I can therefore make no statement other than "in the past we offered upgrade from anywhere between $15.- to $40.-"
  • Secondary licenses cannot be upgraded (you can of course buy new secondary licenses)
  • Old licenses are not invalidated (you can continue to play the old version)
  • Time-based licenses will not require an upgrade

50 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Just in case that it needs an official confirmation:

• Upgrades for licenses on a CM stick do not require that the stick be mailed back to us
  • Upgrade prices are set a few months before the release of a new version, at the time when we announce that new version. I can therefore make no statement other than "in the past we offered upgrade from anywhere between $15.- to $40.-"
  • Secondary licenses cannot be upgraded (you can of course buy new secondary licenses)
  • Old licenses are not invalidated (you can continue to play the old version)
  • Time-based licenses will not require an upgrade

thanks Nils. looking forward to the new edition.

• 3 weeks later...

Fellow members. i appreciate all answers to my question. To clarify. I have a CM dongle from an earlier version of SB. I would like to use it with the next version of SB version, after re-initializing it when making my purchase. If that is possible, great. If not, that's fine also. I wish all here a great and safe Summer. :)