how do Inow what dongle version I need?

sage0035

I'm not sure what you mean by "dongle version".

The dongle is a physical object, mine hasn't changed in over a decade.

As to what is "on" the dongle:

The installation process puts whatever the current version of Codemeter was that was current when they made the installer - I'm running 6.50c

It has version 2.04 of the firmware

And of course it has a 4.023 licence.

If you don't want to run 4.023 (say happy to stay with 3.0x) then you don't need a new licence, but you'll be missing new features and interacting in multi player with other running 4.023 will not be possible.

13 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "dongle version".

The dongle is a physical object, mine hasn't changed in over a decade.

As to what is "on" the dongle:

The installation process puts whatever the current version of Codemeter was that was current when they made the installer - I'm running 6.50c

It has version 2.04 of the firmware

And of course it has a 4.023 licence.

If you don't want to run 4.023 (say happy to stay with 3.0x) then you don't need a new licence, but you'll be missing new features and interacting in multi player with other running 4.023 will not be possible.

I really need help here lol. ok I installed latest version of sb. put in dongle says I don't have correct license. I bought the secondary license, I get an error when trying to upgrade the stick... im totally confused. do I just purchase the upgrade license? I did upgrade firmware on the stick. has been upgrade. I bought the secondary license, is this the correct one??

Edited by sage0035

I'm a bit pressed for time but a "secondary license" lets a second person use you dongle.

For example I have 1 x primary license and 7 (or 8?) secondary licenses.

That means if I wanted I could build a network at home and myself and 7/8 others could bring their PCs, connect and play, accessing the secondary licenses on my dongle.

The same is possible across the Internet if you set it up correctly.

If you are the only one who is going to play then you don't need a secondary license.

I suggest you drop ssnake at line (ssnake "at" esim.com) and work through a possible refund of the secondary and applying that to upgrading the primary license.

Edited by Gibsonm