wildbillkelsoe

(Concepts) as stitching and planning for blank map

I just used Shift + F12 to get good resolution cuts from the scenario (Tanks again) map. Here are a few screenshots of the software (iPad 2 version). You can use it to insert NATO/REDFOR graphics (you import them into the program), measure distances, and even overlay the 6400 grid point designator for artillery strikes. It has precision mode for drawing four basic shapes being ellipse, triangle, arc, angle, or square and rectangle. Precision mode also helps with measurements.

Notice: I am not in anyway affiliated with Concepts app. Its a recommendation for stitching and picture manipulation software. 

I hope it could be of some use to you guys.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thats a real nice piece of software! I've been wanting something like this for a long time. I also checked BC video, and while its supposedly a generals thing or top level sim for conflict advisers / planners apparently, I am tempted to dig in. 

thanks Gibson.

Interesting, we have been using LCol Mouat's Mapsymbs font and the MilIcon generator unfortunately they are based on App-6a and it is a bit clunky now.  I'll see if we can get this one on the network a if I can get it past the ISO.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, Azure Lion said:

Young whipper snappers these days. Back in my day...

Yes I've been there too, but felt pens on plastic (or Chinagraph on Talc) doesn't import well into power point.

9 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Yes I've been there too, but felt pens on plastic (or Chinagraph on Talc) doesn't import well into power point.

Wow... for some reason that brought back memories of researching things on microfiche. O.o'

I still prefer to see FLOCARK done on talc with overhead markers. PowerPoint is not conducive to a proper terrain analysis.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Rob said:

I still prefer to see FLOCARK done on talc with overhead markers. PowerPoint is not conducive to a proper terrain analysis.

Sure, but an eisle with multiple overlays isn't conducive to briefing X hundred on an Auditorium either. :)

Different tools for different applications. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

thank you for introducing me to certain terms like FLOCARK. Is there an aeronautical equivalent?

OCOKA is another acronym for the same process.

I suspect there wouldn't be an aeronautical equivalent as there is effectively no terrain in the air.

Edited by Gibsonm

CAS sorties normally use low level transit corridors flying to and from the FEBA which have a slightly removed relationship with the terrain.  Not unconcerned with terrain features but more concerned with location of AMA's etc.

2 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Rob said:

CAS sorties normally use low level transit corridors flying to and from the FEBA which have a slightly removed relationship with the terrain.  Not unconcerned with terrain features but more concerned with location of AMA's etc.

AMA’s?