isfofa

The SB will not start up even though the USB license is recognized. No matter how many times it is pressed, nothing will be displayed and it will not start, so I do not know what is wrong. :(

help me plz x(
This is machine translation

• Members

We're still on it. This thing is giving us one hell of a hard time.

• Some other user reported that "it fixed itself" after another Windows update installed a patch which, after checking out, was entirely unrelated.
  • Another user gave us his machine, and we could show that by deleting a number of files it would reliably start again. Unfortunately this turned out to be a dead end/special case that apparently applied only to his machine and was apparently just a coincidence in the timing and symptoms (but we have implemented something to prevent Steel Beasts from failing to log anything at very early stages of the application start; we'll roll this out with a patch "soon-ish").
  • Then one user reported that it was "a setting" in the Windows Security Center, but never answered my question what setting, exactly, it was. But this is my best lead at the moment: Go there, and see if there is "something" related to Steel Beasts that we don't see on our many test computers, be they physical or virtual machines.

If you find something, please let us know!

• Members

Okay, everybody who is STILL affected by this, please contact me. We have a tentative patch that we would like you to try out, but it's not supposed to be published before we have positive feedback from you.

Strangely enough, it seems like there are three entirely unrelated causes for the same symptom which happened to manifest at the same time in a rather eerie coincidence. Some can be addressed by the patch, others need to be handled by Windows settings.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Looks like the Sonic Studio (part of some ASUS computers' base installations) may prevent Steel Beasts from starting in fullscreen mode. At least we could identify it in one case. We don't know yet if this has something to do with an application-specific sound profile.