WIKI snafu's

Bond_Villian

In the interests of giving new players accurate info on important elements of the sim, i think this page on the WIKI should be updated a little bit (namely the descriptions of  mounted infantry behavior at  waypoints). Cheers :) 

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Moving_Units_On_Routes

Edited by Bond_Villian
clarification

Ironically, the WIKI page for editing the wiki doesnt seem to explain how to actually go about it.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=SBWiki_Editing

One of the pages linked from there says this; "

Q: How do I edit an existing page?

Each Wiki page that can be edited has an edit tab near the top of the page, and may have edit links to the right of each page section. If you wish to edit various parts of the whole page, click the edit tab at the top. If you only wish to edit one section, click the edit link to the right of that section name. "

I dont see any such tabs...

28 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Ironically, the WIKI page for editing the wiki doesnt seem to explain how to actually go about it.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=SBWiki_Editing

One of the pages linked from there says this; "

Q: How do I edit an existing page?

Each Wiki page that can be edited has an edit tab near the top of the page, and may have edit links to the right of each page section. If you wish to edit various parts of the whole page, click the edit tab at the top. If you only wish to edit one section, click the edit link to the right of that section name. "

I dont see any such tabs...

Well, I haven't gotten around to finishing that section...but here's the scoop: For forum users prior to about 2014, your registered user name and site password are enough to log into the wiki (far top right button).  All other users, or those that the above process doesn't work, need to contact one of the site admins (probably Sean) and get logon credentials. Don't worry, it doesn't take very long. ^_^

Edited by MAJ_Fubar

ie;

Hold

• While no enemies are seen, assume a turret-down position facing the specified direction concentrating on the are of interest (the dot in the BP line of fire arc).
  • Temporarily move from position to avoid ICM artillery attack.
  • Do NOT move from position to engage enemies that cannot be seen, or to avoid HE artillery attacks.
  • If unit is infantry, move into the nearest building or fighting position near the waypoint.
  • PCs will dismount infantry (unless the owning user is present in the platoon in any position, in which case the unit will not dismount infantry unless the owning user specifically tells the unit to do so with the "U" key).
  • PCs will NOT dismount infantry.

Defend

• While no enemies are detected, assume a turret down position facing a specified direction.
  • Temporarily move from position to avoid ICM artillery attack, or to avoid HE artillery attack if not engaging an enemy.
  • Can move a few hundred meters from position to engage enemies on front flanks that cannot currently be seen.
  • Embark on the first attached, non-conditioned route if moderate losses are sustained.
  • If unit is infantry, move into the nearest building or fighting position near the waypoint.
  • PCs will dismount infantry (unless the owning user is present in the platoon in any position, in which case the unit will not dismount infantry unless the owning user specifically tells the unit to do so with the "U" key).
  • PCs will NOT dismount infantry.