Steelbeasts pro not starting

skipp

I have not played steelbeasts for quite some time. And I decided to play it again I never uninstalled it.

Anyways all that happens now when I click on the start icon is that a white screen is displayed and that's it. I have to control, alt delete to get the taskbar up and click on restart pc to get out of said white screen.

Any ideas what might have changed or what may fix my problem.

Tried the debug but that just had the same problem white screen. However using safe mode did start up the game although in windows mode but any attempt to change the settings to full screen resulted in the  game freezing up as before.

I would say that full screen display mode appears to be my problem. Game works fine in windows not ideal but guess it will have to do until a fix or solution is forthcoming.

Edited by skipp

I do full screen in Windows 10 PRO 64 bit with no problems. Which is not to say that this means that there are no problems.

But try contacting Ssnake directly - he knows far more than me regarding this.

His E-mail is Ssnake@esimgames.com

Edited by Nike-Ajax

1 minute ago, Nike-Ajax said:

I do full screen in Windows 10 PRO 64 bit with no problems. Which is not to say that this means that there are no problems.

But try contacting Ssnake directly - he knows far more than me regarding this 

The game was never uninstalled and like you the last time I played it on my pc Win 10 64 normal edition it worked no problems in full screen don't have any idea what could have caused the full screen mode to cause the game to not start up now

Sounds like it might be a GPU driver incompatibility. Try updating the GPU drivers.

How long do you leave SB running before you close it?

It takes my antiquated laptop 3/4 mins to load and I get a white screen and a not responding message / Blue Ring of Thought

Although if I try and run SB straight after starting, Windows is too busy "waking up" to run SB and it hangs like you say.

But give it 5 mins and SB runs fine.

I had to do a repair on the C++ redist on my Win10 laptop to get SB to start when I bought it.  There wasnt an error, it just didnt do anything.  No logs, nothing.

I think I repaired the 64 and 32 bit versions.

Edited by blond_knight

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Looks like the Sonic Studio (part of some ASUS computers' base installations) may prevent Steel Beasts from starting in fullscreen mode. At least we could identify it in one case. We don't know yet if this has something to do with an application-specific sound profile.

• 2 weeks later...

i was having this issue intermittently i tracked it down to this weird program starting on a reboot .steele beasts would just go to a big white screen and that was it..i can get the specifis on my machine and exactly what the program was if you think it would help...the program was some 3d sound thingy lol...dont exactly know what its is...i have a creative sound card.. 

• Members

Well, the issue is not necessarily limited to a specific sound card/software. It may be a combination of that and the driver version or whatever. The point here is that if you search for "Sonic Studio" combined with a search phase like "does not start", you'll find a number of hits unrelated to SB Pro, so it's happening with other games as well. This suggests a broader issue, and the fact that Steel Beasts can't even start its own logging process before it gets stopped is a clear indication that the source of trouble is outside of the application level.

We can't really help here. If we find out something we will let you know of course, but there's so many combinations of hardware, drivers, 3rd party software, and occasionally not-quite-so-precise standards that sometimes I think it's a miracle that anything works in the PC world, at all.