LOS tool application below average vehicle height?

wildbillkelsoe

I would like to know the use of the 0.5 meter minimum for the LOS tool in planning. I personally dont find it useful as no vehicle exists in game with a height less than 2 feet unless its an R/C toy. Speaking of which, that would be awesome if a mod could exist for a R/C tank to be used on battery basis to cover a battlefield.

Well some Infantry units can have an optional "Unmanned Ground Vehicle" (UGV) which is effectively a R/C tank or at least surveillance device.

Other Infantry units can have smaller ranged UAS's (Unmanned Aerial Systems) too.

Overall though you need to remember that not everything you are potentially checking LOS for is a vehicle.

An ATGM team on its knees is about 0.5m tall, so you might want to use the 0.5m setting for an ATGM, or RPG ambush, etc.

On 7/21/2018 at 12:02 PM, Gibsonm said:

Well some Infantry units can have an optional "Unmanned Ground Vehicle" (UGV) which is effectively a R/C tank or at least surveillance device.

Other Infantry units can have smaller ranged UAS's (Unmanned Aerial Systems) too.

Overall though you need to remember that not everything you are potentially checking LOS for is a vehicle.

An ATGM team on its knees is about 0.5m tall, so you might want to use the 0.5m setting for an ATGM, or RPG ambush, etc.

so that is why. I get it now. And yes I just noticed the UGV. Can UGVs be placed with tanks instead of APCs? Like be deployed off tanks?