SY Syria AK

UN UN FAL

UK UK L85A2

US 70s M16

US 90s M16

US 2000s M4

USSR AK

ZA South Africa FAL

We do not use the M16, we have another version of the AR longer barrel, heaver, etc. We did use the FN, was my first service wpn, loved it.

Edited by 12Alfa

5 hours ago, mpow66m said:

Wheres France?

Assuming the question is not geographical in nature ... :P

France, although it has a localization package, is not selectable as a nationality in SB. (Ditto for Greece).

You would have to use, as a proxy, one of the existing nations with a similar weapon and uniform style to whatever France uses/used in your chosen time period, which is why Hedgehog's list is so helpful. 

The list, by the way, omits CIV, which uses the M-16 rifle and USMOLLE troop model for "infantry."

19 hours ago, Splash said:

Assuming the question is not geographical in nature ... :P

France, although it has a localization package, is not selectable as a nationality in SB. (Ditto for Greece).

You would have to use, as a proxy, one of the existing nations with a similar weapon and uniform style to whatever France uses/used in your chosen time period, which is why Hedgehog's list is so helpful. 

The list, by the way, omits CIV, which uses the M-16 rifle and USMOLLE troop model for "infantry."

but why no France?

• Members

I suppose it is because we once planned for an actual "France pack" that didn't materialize for a variety of reasons, and then nobody from France ever complained about the lack of French uniforms in SB Pro. And let's be honest, so far there's only the Leclerc in SB Pro, and only one specific variant of it. To do it justice we'd have to add a lot more. But of course, we have so many other nations covered with the uniform camouflage, there is no "real" reason why "FR" is missing.

18 hours ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

Be that as it may, I like how it looks. Wonky. I believe also a bullpup config helps with stability. What really worries me is the gripping. Too much sliding I assume.

Gripping is not an issue. The unmodified stock has areas for you to place your fingers to grip into it. If that doesn't work, modify it with a vertical foregrip, or just put on some grip tape. The latter is cheaper and easier than the former.

IMG_6403.jpg

Bullpups tend to be shorter and heavier than their carbine counterparts. They are easy to maneuver, but those extra pounds add up for a long carry. The triggers also tend to be stiffer, due to having the trigger and the trigger group not being directly mated.

Edited by Mirzayev

On 02/08/2018 at 7:23 AM, Splash said:

Fixed

Regarding my List of countries in  SB

I do not care if you "AR-15XYZ Blah Blah Blah" isn't in the list.

This is a catagorical list of the sides in SB and the rifle they use.

You got a problem?

Talk to Ssnake.

That said

Gun Jesus reviews the Semi Auto version of the F2000:

Edited by Hedgehog

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say that I resent the comparison of the G3/HK91 to a boat anchor.  I happen to think it's quite a handy rifle, and the problem isn't the size of the rifle but rather that a proper gentleman is simply 2 meters tall!

In a more serious note, some better 1970s/1980s infantry & tank texture packs would be great for the various nations.  Like DE70s, DE80s, etc.  The cold war era is where it's at for me when I play ProPE.

Also...Since we brought up Gun Jesus...

• 2 weeks later...

"Bofors" for Sweden? Is that some sort of placeholder name?

If we talk service rifles during the Cold War we used the G3 called Ak 4 (automatkarbin 4 or automatic carbine 4) from around 1965 until the late 80's. It is still in use in various versions in Hemvärnet (home guard) or in the army as a marksman rifle.

From 1986 and onwards it was replaced with a modified version of FN FNC called Ak 5. The versions used today are Ak 5C and Ak 5D in the armed forces and the police used a semiauto version called CGA5P but I believe the SWAT-teams are using various full auto H&K and SIG carbines now.

On 9/1/2018 at 6:49 AM, Steel_Hamster said:

Outside of Sweden, it seems that it is fairly common to refer to the Ak 5 as the "Bofors Ak 5." The designation for the Ak 5C and Ak 5D both begin with "Bofors" according to Wikipedia. Of course, Wikipedia is never, ever, ever wrong. :) 

On 01/09/2018 at 1:49 PM, Steel_Hamster said:

If we talk service rifles during the Cold War we used the G3 called Ak 4 (automatkarbin 4 or automatic carbine 4) from around 1965 until the late 80's. It is still in use in various versions in Hemvärnet (home guard) or in the army as a marksman rifle.

From 1986 and onwards it was replaced with a modified version of FN FNC called Ak 5. The versions used today are Ak 5C and Ak 5D in the armed forces and the police used a semiauto version called CGA5P but I believe the SWAT-teams are using various full auto H&K and SIG carbines now.

I made the list as a reference for myself, I am sharing as a kindness.

I couldn't be arsed to google it as it only appears in once.

And "Bofors" was better than "Some SIG looking knock off."

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 8:15 PM, Mirzayev said:

Gripping is not an issue. The unmodified stock has areas for you to place your fingers to grip into it. If that doesn't work, modify it with a vertical foregrip, or just put on some grip tape. The latter is cheaper and easier than the former.

IMG_6403.jpg

Bullpups tend to be shorter and heavier than their carbine counterparts. They are easy to maneuver, but those extra pounds add up for a long carry. The triggers also tend to be stiffer, due to having the trigger and the trigger group not being directly mated.

Still, the shape of that rifle makes one look like they came from 3018.

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/07/2018 at 12:02 AM, Gibsonm said:

That looks like the solution (apart from the helmests) but I'm not sure why the file is called "Uniform1970US"?

Just a guess, but those look like M1 steel helmets and the LCE appears to be 1960s-80s US ALICE pattern, which is a reasonable stand in for UK '58 pattern. The DPM cammo is done beautifully though.

• 9 months later...
On 8/3/2018 at 3:27 PM, Ssnake said:

I suppose it is because we once planned for an actual "France pack" that didn't materialize for a variety of reasons, and then nobody from France ever complained about the lack of French uniforms in SB Pro. And let's be honest, so far there's only the Leclerc in SB Pro, and only one specific variant of it. To do it justice we'd have to add a lot more. But of course, we have so many other nations covered with the uniform camouflage, there is no "real" reason why "FR" is missing.

Hello!

one year later .... 😁

I complain.... LOL ....  The playable Leclerc !!!! The playable Leclerc !!!!

but

mpow66m ,  to playing France go to the download section there is a mod whith french's colors.