Bond_Villian

Hurtgenwald map?

I wonder how useful such a map would be. A true appreciation of the terrain would come only from a high resolution map; in a few years, I'm pretty confident, they will be available. But what made the Hürtgenwald the terrible slaughterhause was its extremely forbidding terrain which I imagine would not be very entertaining to play in, not even if life is not on the line.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I wonder how useful such a map would be. A true appreciation of the terrain would come only from a high resolution map; in a few years, I'm pretty confident, they will be available. But what made the Hürtgenwald the terrible slaughterhause was its extremely forbidding terrain which I imagine would not be very entertaining to play in, not even if life is not on the line.

Yes it probably would be difficult to make a good scenario with the current abilities/limits of SB maps. I have an Infantry-centric battle in mind (obviously), but the infantry features could probably do with some development before that would be 'fun' too. Ill do some experimenting with existing terrain, but if there is a Hurtgen terrain file out there (or if someone will make one), I'd like to try it

Cheers

Edited by Bond_Villian

On 8/1/2018 at 5:50 AM, Bond_Villian said:

I have an Infantry-centric battle in mind (obviously), but the infantry features could probably do with some development before that would be 'fun' too

I have about a dozen infantry-centric missions ready to go if we ever see improvements.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:34 AM, Apocalypse 31 said:

I have about a dozen infantry-centric missions ready to go if we ever see improvements.

oooooo,my hero

On 8/1/2018 at 6:05 AM, Ssnake said:

not to start a bunch of BS,but in a few yrs are you referring to the new terrain upgrade?

Mark, this was neither necessary nor a particularly helpful contribution, to be honest.

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Mark, this was neither necessary nor a particularly helpful contribution, to be honest.

Oh sorry. I just thought if he read the thread it would give him what he wanted , as opposed to my writing a longish summary.

I'll remove the post.

No offence meant.