How to Get an FO to move into a Bunker...

Werewolf

How to Get an FO to move into a Bunker...

Or maybe they just aren't allowed to.

I've set up a way point with a stay tactic on it inside the bunker and pointing to the area I want the FO to observe with the open dot right on top of the area I want the FO to watch. Set up a march route to the waypoint in the bunker attached to the FO team whickh is about 25 or so yards behind the bunker at start. The two guys in the team never enter it. Always move them selves to the left and a bit forward of it.

The best process for teams without crew served weapons (ATGM, AGL, etc. tend not to fire inside a Bunker) is to:

1. Setup the FO party "just behind" (say 10m) the Bunker.

2. Give them a route to the Bunker.

3. Give them a Defend tactic based on the Bunker.

At mission start (presumably the OPFOR is more than say 5mins away to allow time for the occupation?) the team moves forward and occupies the Bunker.

The other broader issue is that a Bunker may not be the best location (depends on what you are simulating).

Often their heat signature gives away their position earlier than ordinary dismounted troops nearby (esp. if the terrain settings allow the Infantry to sink into the ground). Sometimes vehicle scrapes (with their size reduced) can provide better concealment and allow the crew served weapons to operate.

Edited by Gibsonm

Thanks.

Other than being 25 yds behind instead of 10 on my pre query request your procedure is the 1st thing I tried. When it failed I figured the defend order on the waypoint was the culprit so I changed it to stay and tried again. Still no joy. I'll try moving the FO closer per your advice and see if that helps. I'll also try removing the bunker which sets just a bit forward of the top of a hill/ridge and on a very gradual down slope. There is Tall grass on the beginning of the downward slope and behind that location. It blocks the FO team's LOS to where I want them to monitor. Actually I'd prefer fox holes for an FO team with steps over a bunker but no such thing in SB - otherwise they've just got their behinds hangin' out in the open with decent concealment but no cover at all.

The OPFOR is the defender. Not gonna move. Blue is the attacker and the FO is placed on the hill so it can see the main defensive position of the OPFOR on a ridge a little over 3 clicks distant.

Ah sorry forgot about the line of sight thing.

If the LOS bubble (the circle) is black / solid, then the unit will move to where it can see (clear / empty).

I usually reverse engineer these things.

1. Place waypoint on map with Defend tactic observing whatever you want to "see" - ensuring the circle is clear / empty.

2. Put the Bunker over the waypoint (so you know its in the right place).

3. Put the unit behind it with the march / engage waypoint (don't use scout or it will stop if it sees something and may never make it.

Edited by Gibsonm