ChanceBS

Dust Mod

Work in progress

Been spending some time on the smoke1.dds file. This file effects dust and smoke from explosions.

See the results so far.

Music Credit:

Evolved Games

Version 2.

Dust larger at back of tank. Smaller dust "Locomotive Poofs" at tracks somewhat gone. Still there at higher speeds. Texture Shading Improved.

Results here.

Edited by ChanceBS
Updated movie.

This looks about right concerning the dust size and texture.

However, the DDS file to create dust is also the same file that is used to create white smoke. While adjusting the one you adjust the other. Below pics are the balance. It looks right to me. Your honest thoughts please...

5-5.jpg

4-7.jpg

3-9.jpg

2-13.jpg

1-12.jpg

Here is the final version I hope.

It is being playtested and should be ready for realease on Saturday. The muzzle flash has been updated along with arty flash.

Results:

Nice work - THX !

NB Which skin do you use for the M1A1 in the video of the final version ?

THX

K

I apologize for the delay in getting this uploaded. There has been some turmoil on the homefront as in loss of job due to failing economy. Things should balance out soon.

The Dust Mod has been uploaded today waiting for approval.

Description: Place the three .dds files here.

C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\images.

Be sure to rename or back up the stock dds files that came with your game.

This will adjust the color of smoke back to a grey white, If you are using Fire and Smoke.

Files:

smoke1.dds - smoke from Arty, muzzle, dust,impacts, etc. This is the Core file to get the dust effect.

xplode.dds - Muzzle flash all weapons. projectile impact flash. Tank and HE imacting Earth.

dirtSpray3.dds -Original ESIM file. Arty dirt explosion. Revert to Esim orginal as it works better with the dust effect.

Author: ChanceBS

Thank you so much ...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your job I know the feeling ... we're goin' through lay-offs now where I work ... they laid off 18 last month and there will be more this month and I'll be on that list :(

Good luck mate !

vK ~

cool and sorry about the job I know how it feels there is also lay-offs at my job to so I've been laying low...