Development News Discussion

12Alfa

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

2.40x

• The menu entry View… Unity Sight has been removed from the Leopard AS1, CH146, CH47, M2 Bradley, M3 Bradley, Strv122, and Tiger which had the menu entry but no unity sight

For half a second I thought Tiger%20Tank.jpg, guess I should play more :c:

/me crawls back into his hole

• Fixed a bug; the “stun time” for the commander after pressing the “T” hotkey was increased from 25 seconds to two minutes. There will be a reset when the player enters the gunner's position again or presses the “I” key.

God, I love the thought of that! That'll teach that bastard to muck up my TOW launches!

Enough with the torture! When can we have this divine upgrade?

Added a function for suppressive fire.

Nice. :)

I still miss the tracers deflecting off the ground- perhaps more in the balance of eye candy in the final result, but the effect was there going back to Steel Beasts 1 before the Beta removed it, while introducing the large, autocannon sized tracer graphics for coax fire.

How much of a chore to roll these changes back to pre-Beta?

• Members
Hi Ssnake

I see that in 2.4 onwards you are addressing some of the sighting/menu options for helicopters, does this mean that we could eventually see crew positions for these aircraft as an option/upgrade to Pro PE??

I wouldn't rule it out completely, but these functions are currently rather experimental. There is a certain coolness factor in being an MG door gunner, and with a human pilot even the gunner's/co-pilot's place in the Tiger or HIND has a marginal use. But there's still a lot to be done which will take more time than December this year.

• Members
I still miss the tracers deflecting off the ground...

How much of a chore to roll these changes back to pre-Beta?

Frankly, I don't know why they're gone in the first place. Volcano and I am missing them, too. Maybe it was an oversight on Al's end, and we'll see them in one of the next versions already.

• 2 weeks later...

• [*]Added an air strike option for 2x500lb bomb drops per strike. Note that you have to set the proper checkmark in the support window in the mission editor first

WoW - sounds promising. Does it have its own animation? - or will it be the same as used with the artillery? (hope not)

• New M1A1 external model and damage model

Is this an update of the existing M1A1HA or a brand new M1A1 model?

• New item in the mission editor’s Options menu to set a lower limit for the light level of a mission, which would apply when the sun goes down. This is a temporary measure to prevent the screen from going completely dark which would only frustrate the player
  • The light level will now affect the detection range and detection time of crew positions without thermal sights, although a target that fires can still be seen in the dark up to the maximum visibility range. The visibility setting in the mission editor should be set for fog or dust or haze at full brightness, not for reduction because of darkness. Otherwise muzzle flashes and eventually headlights, flares, etc..., will not be seen

A first step before including night missions, right? :)

A new unit is available – a medium-sized, unmanned aerial vehicle (without armament options). For the generic model the Sperwer UAV has been chosen, although this UAV does not represent the actual performance characteristics of the Sperwer. Place it on the map like any other unit.

It can be controlled by a human player during solitaire and network training sessions, similarly to the UGV control options (Q and Z will change the flight height, not the sensor mast). If the UAV is on autopilot (you haven't manually steered it off a route) then when it gets to the end of the route it will loiter in a circle.

UAVs will not send reports about enemy unless a human operator lases an enemy; it will then be marked on the map. Consequently, computer-controlled units will hold their fire in the presence of a UAV unless it is under control of a human player (they're very hard to shoot down actually, even with 3P ammo and proximity fuse selected).

The F7 view of the UAV is mute. (There is still sound from the external position)

Can this be shot down?

Added an air strike option for 2x500lb bomb drops per strike. Note that you have to set the proper checkmark in the support window in the mission editor first

Are these laser guided bombs? Cannot we rise the number of bombs to simulate B52s carpet bombings? :D

:heartpum: Damn, I love this game :heartpum:

Beers for the whole Esim team, they deserve it!

mass.jpg.8776d0dae5f84f964f70655026772f2

mass.jpg.8776d0dae5f84f964f70655026772f2

Can this be shot down?

Ssnake wrote:

Consequently, computer-controlled units will hold their fire in the presence of a UAV unless it is under control of a human player (they're very hard to shoot down actually, even with 3P ammo and proximity fuse selected).

It sounds like it should be possible.. even if hard.