Development News Discussion

12Alfa

Put the SB box under this bier tree when Xmax comes :D

Btw, i have a question regarding civilian :

how will this work? will we see people walking in the street and staring at me while i'm passing with my tank wrecking their roads? People in their crappy car envying my 1500Hp turbine?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this an update of the existing M1A1HA or a brand new M1A1 model?

completely built from the ground up new M1A1 model, with a new 1024x1024 texture and a separate decal sheet, along with additional rear turret stowage.

the polycount is 5000 higher than the previous model, but there's virtually no difference in FPS.

"Captain's log. Using the lightspeed breakaway factor, the Enterprise has moved back through time to the twenty first century. We are now in extended orbit around Earth, using our ship's deflector shields to remain unobserved. Our mission, get the latest Steel Beasts Pro PE update before its planned release and spring back to our own time. We are now monitoring Earth communications in an effort to discover it’s whereabouts and to find out how our planet survived political debate problems on public forums in the year 2008"

kirk.jpg.98d25cacb3f60e880144a9061562535

kirk.jpg.98d25cacb3f60e880144a9061562535

I can say that the new artillery effects are awesome. There's a lot more dust in the air, it really creates a significant amount of obscuration (which also makes it more difficult to assess the damage that you're creating with your artillery strike). It also creates impressive, atmospheric screenshots. I guess I should upload a few.

The warning time has been reduced, so ICM dodging should be a lot harder now.

Likewise, if you didn't call the strike, you don't see it on the map until it's too late. This is, again, a much-needed realism improvement, I think.

The new M1 is really beautiful, so much I can say. It allows for a much better damage modelling as well, and as such is probably a model case for other MBTs' LOD3 improvements. This won't happen overnight but still, it gives us a perspective of future possibilities.

Stop teasing and bring on some pics will ya!? ;) We get a new M1 model? - never heard of that - so lets see a little bit of sneak peek :D

Added heterogeneous platoons. In order to mix different vehicle types in one platoon, create a platoon as normal, split it into individual vehicles, change their type, and then merge them back into one platoon

Questions about this that have been bugging me for a few days;

Can you mix platoons in game?

Can you change the call signs for each vehicle then put them back in to the platoon?

When units are added together to create a new platoon, will they retain their call signs or be given one relative to the platoon leader?

And which vehicle will become the platoon leader?

What happens if you put 1/1A with 1/1B, or CO/B with XO/A who will have control of the platoon?

Questions about this that have been bugging me for a few days;

Can you mix platoons in game?

Can you change the call signs for each vehicle then put them back in to the platoon?

When units are added together to create a new platoon, will they retain their call signs or be given one relative to the platoon leader?

And which vehicle will become the platoon leader?

What happens if you put 1/1A with 1/1B, or CO/B with XO/A who will have control of the platoon?

Ssnake already answered that actually, you just missed it. If you re-read hes writting

create a platoon as normal, split it into individual vehicles, change their type, and then merge them back into one platoon

In other words, to make a platoon of different units you first create a platoon of lets say Strv122s with 4 vehicles. You now want 2 CV9040s integrated as close support.

Split the platoon, right click the 2nd team, right click and choose typ of vehicles you want it to transform to and then merge the platoon by "attach to" command again.

So there will be no throwing around of callsigns as the callsings reminds the same.

So what I understand this is a Scenario Editor feature as you cant change typ of vehicles ingame, only im editor.

/KT

Ssnake already answered that actually, you just missed it. If you re-read hes writting

create a platoon as normal, split it into individual vehicles, change their type, and then merge them back into one platoon

In other words, to make a platoon of different units you first create a platoon of lets say Strv122s with 4 vehicles. You now want 2 CV9040s integrated as close support.

Split the platoon, right click the 2nd team, right click and choose typ of vehicles you want it to transform to and then merge the platoon by "attach to" command again.

So there will be no throwing around of callsigns as the callsings reminds the same.

So what I understand this is a Scenario Editor feature as you cant change typ of vehicles ingame, only im editor.

/KT

Ah, so we will still not be able to build a platoon from stray vehicles left after a contact. too bad, It would have been nice and helped in the lager battles.

• Members

Historic examples prove that these haphazard formations of survivors usually are anything but effective combat troops. This was the prime reason why we discarded spending the development time for such an option, a decade ago. I wouldn't rule out that such a feature will eventually make it into SB Pro, but then we'd have to add a fudge factor to decrease the combat effectiveness of these "thrown together" troops (which are the equivalent of MRM to real steaks).

• Members

No, that falls under the category "get rid of the parent-child relationship of organic troops". It is slated to get done within the next 12 to 18 months, but only after we have completed a major release and can afford to break a myriad of things in the code. Once that we change this we will need a very thorough period of bug testing and fixing.

Been reading through and am excited as everyone else about the future release and upgrades to SB, sure that this will also attracted many new users also, it all sounds pretty good and a large step in the right direction, some screenies etc would be welcomed, thanks guys.

Which are the 6 new sounds that were updated? (just to know which mod to disable when the update comes out - I'M sure it will be easier to list them know, since you are not going to remember it later on ;) )

Will current M1A1 skins work with the new model?